Spencer Knight

"I can't keep doing this," Spencer sighed, "he's gonna find out eventually, can we just tell him?"

"Spencer, Trevor has no idea where you go," you whispered, "just calm down, I know he doesn't want me distracting you, but I'm not am I?"

"Of course not Y/N," he wrapped his arms around you. Your brother was always not a fan of you liking his teammates, especially when it came to traveling with the team. He was your twin he knew everything about you, but keeping this secret was driving you crazy even if it was nice being with the person you had a crush on since high school. You went to all the hockey games in high school to see him and Trevor play. Trevor would hand you his jersey so everyone knew you were his twin, and more importantly off limits. You would always stay after the games ended to wait for the team to come out, Trevor was always out early, but you would still wait, tell him you'd see him at home just to wait for Spencer, you hid your crush from your brother and you didn't think Spencer felt the same. You wanted to give Trevor the impression it was just a friendship and that's what you did. Spencer was always the last one out of the locker room, he took forever, leaving you in the cold rink waiting, but it was worth it when you got to see his smile after a win or be a shoulder to cry on after a tough loss. That's what you wanted for this trip, except you had to try not to let your feelings get the best of you.

When Trevor first announced you were going on the trip the team was ecstatic, and so were you. On your first night in the hotel, there was a knock on the door of your room. You opened the door to see a tired Spencer, that night he confessed his feelings for you and how bad he wanted to tell you in high school, but he didn't think you felt the same. Now you two were keeping the secret from Trevor because part of the traveling deal was "not being a distraction".

"You ready for tomorrow-" you were in the middle of asking when there was a knock on your door. Spencer quickly let go of you and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Sis," you heard muffled.

"What's he doing here," Spencer whispered firmly.

"I don't know," you matched his tone, "I'll get it just stay there," you felt your heart begin to race.

"Hey Y/N,"

"Trevor it's midnight why are you here," you groaned.

"Can I come in I don't know where Spencer is and I kinda wanna talk to someone, nervous bout tomorrow, can't sleep," he rubbed his eyes.

"Uhh actually Trevor, I'm kinda tired, and you need your rest,"

"You're acting weird, you've been acting weird this whole trip," he began to get upset.

"I don't know what you're talking about," you played dumb. You heard movement in the room behind you, making you worry more.

"Y/N let me in the room," your brother pushed you out of the way, he walked in stunned to see Spencer standing in the center of the room fixing his shirt.

"Before you say anything-" he began.

"What the hell Y/N?!" Trevor screamed at you.

"Shh Trevor people are trying to sleep," you said. He rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him.

"Really Y/N, after I specifically told you not to-"

"Trevor it was me," you saw Spencer's disappointed look.

"No don't try to cover for her," Trevor got angry.

"It was me, I told her how I felt, and she feels the same, she said not to tell you, but I'm the reason all this is happening." You were shocked.

"Spence, it's my-" you stopped midsentence to a calming hand resting on your shoulder, Spencer half smiled looking at you then back up at your brother.

"No more, I knew something was up, I should have known it was something like this, c'mon Spencer," Trevor began to walk out, Spencer following,

"Bye Y/N," Spencer said disappointed.

"Guys," you said as the door shut leaving you alone in the room. You got back into bed staring at the ceiling, you felt something under your back and reached to pull it from under you. You revealed a USA sweatshirt, with the number 30 on the back. You grabbed your phone to see a message from Spencer waiting, "In case you need it 😊". You thanked him put it on and went to bed. You fell asleep and snuggled in the sweatshirt like having him there.

You woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and ready to go to the game. You grabbed a quick breakfast bar and got ready for the game. You curled your hair and put the littlest bit of makeup on. You put on your leggings and wore the sweatshirt Spencer had given you last night. You didn't want to wear your brother's jersey after the fight last night, even though you knew he was going to try and give it to you, the only name you wanted to represent today was Spencer's and that's what you were going to do.

As the game approached you found your seat in the stands, right by the USA net. You hadn't seen your brother or Spencer before the game, but seeing them on the ice neither looked happy. You tried to catch their attention, with a wave, earning a half smile from Spencer and a glare from your brother. The game began and you were nervous, you didn't want the fight from the night before to affect the game. It clearly didn't because USA won. You ran down to the glass, pounding on it as hard as you could with your fist trying to get Trevor's attention. He looked at you and smiled waving you over. You worked your way over to the bench to try and get on the ice along with the other families there. You got through and rushed across the ice as fast as you could to see your brother. He pulled you into his arms, and shoved your face into his padding,

"I'm so sorry about last night," he said,

"Trev you just won and that's what you're worried about right now,"

"Sis, you're my biggest supporter I didn't want my stupidity changing that,"

"Bro, go celebrate, I'm so proud of you, even if we were in an argument I'm never not gonna support you," you began to tear up.

"You go celebrate too, but no sneaking my teammate out anymore," he said letting go of you and gesturing toward Spencer. You saw him smiling by the bench.

"Thank you, Trevor," you hugged him one more time then went over to Spencer. He stood there with open arms squeezing you into his pads.

"We did it," he exclaimed.

"Yes you did," you had to repeat yourself because he had your face in his chest protector. You looked at his smile and began to feel yourself melt, the pure joy on his face made last night completely forgotten. You wrapped your arms around his neck, as he rested his hands on your face.

"I've been waiting too long for this," he quickly pulled your face to his pressing a kiss on your lips. You heard the applause after your kiss, your lips broke apart to reveal the team clapping, you looked up at the jumbotron to see you and Spencer on the screen and the arena began to clap, he picked you up smiling and carrying you like you were the trophy of the night.

"Spence look around, they love you,"

"Us. They love us."

_____________________________________________________

A little context for the Jamie Drysdale one in here