William Eklund

You went outside and turned on the hot tub

You went outside and turned on the hot tub. The season had just ended for the San Jose Barracuda and figured what would be a better way to relax than have a few of the boys over and soak in your hot tub. You lived with your brother Thomas and had become very close with the players your age throughout the season.

"Y/N, you sure you're okay with hosting the guys,"

"We do this all the time, it's just Ozzy and Will," you blushed as you said this. You had secretly been dating Will for five months, but you didn't want Thomas knowing considering they were best friends. He wasn't very strict when it came to teammate policy, but you had never dated any of them yet. Will was the first, and you didn't know how your brother would react.

"I'm just double checking sis, I don't know," he shrugged carrying a bowl out from the kitchen.

"Yeah it's fine don't worry, I'm gonna go change," you smiled and headed inside towards your room. You slipped on your teal bikini and threw an oversized shirt on over it. You headed back out to help your brother make some more snacks for the boys who would be arriving soon. Thomas was heading towards his room to get changed when there was a knock on the door.

"I got it, bro," you called to him as he closed the door behind him to his room. You opened the door to see your secret boyfriend standing in front of you. He stood there grinning at you, feeling yourself blush.

"May I come in," he cleared his throat. You let him in and shut the door behind you.

"Cute shorts, wonder where you got them?" you joked. Those were the shorts you had got him for your three-month anniversary so he would have something to wear as off-season approached.

"Shh Y/N," he whispered.

"Relax he's in his room," you whispered back, "come on let's go outside the hot tub is waiting," you grinned. The two of you headed outside to the deck where the water was steaming and bubbling. You took off your shirt and stepped into the hot water. Will joined you after removing his shirt. He began to scoot closer to you when your brother and Ozzy came out.

"Oh hey guys," you smiled. Will moved away, you shot him a look.

"Mind if we join?" Thomas asked. You nodded and they both sat down in the tub with you and Will. You all sat in separate corners of the tub until the jet started hurting your back. You moved over away from the corner, closer to where your boyfriend was. The boys started talking about the season putting you in an awkward position of silence. Will also moved closer to you as they were still talking. They noticed Will move closer.

"So Y/N, what are you going to do now this offseason," Ozzy asked you.

"Oh, I don't know just hang out with you guys I guess," you shrugged.

"What about you Ek you've been kinda quiet?" your brother asked.

"Stuff I don't know," he glanced at you then back at Thomas. Your brother looked at the both of you sitting next to each other.

"You guys are acting weird," he said to you and Will.

"No, we aren't," you said in unison, "we aren't," you said again.

"Okay right..." Ozzy said.

"Stay out of this okay," Will scolded the two boys. Thomas got out of the tub and headed inside, Ozzy followed him, getting another cup to drink, leaving you and Will alone.

"Baby Tom was going to find out, he's your brother after all," he said.

"I know," you rolled your eyes, and he put his arm around you.

"Why couldn't we just tell him," he asked you.

"Your his teammate I'm his brother, you know how guys get about sisters dating teammates,"

"Bords is different, you're his twin he knows you better than anyone else, and I'm his best friend, the number of times he hints to me about thinking you like me, I can't take it, but we laugh and joke about it like it's nothing." You picked your head up off his wet shoulder and looked at him.

"He really-" you were interrupted by your brother.

"I knew there was something going on with you two," he shouted. You sat there staring at Thomas.

"Okay and?" you asked.

"Will why didn't you tell me, I wouldn't have been mad, I wanted you two to be together," you watched your brother scold Will, feeling horrible for making him keep the secret.

"Bords, I wanted to tell you, but this one didn't want you to know," Will frowned, lifting his arm from around your shoulders.

"I'll leave you three to talk," Ozzy said grabbing his towel and heading back inside. The three of you waved bye as the awkward silence became louder. You sighed and decided to break the silence as your brother was glaring at you.

"Tom, I- I'm sorry, I didn't know how you would feel about me dating your teammate," you stepped out of the tub and grabbed your towel, and Will followed you out.

"I forgive you, but why would you do that to Will, it must have driven him crazy how much I talked highly of you to him so he'd like you, also you're my twin, you know we tell each other everything." Your brother explained as Will shot you an annoyed look.

"I know, and I didn't know you talked about me to him until tonight," you said.

"It did drive me crazy," Will shrugged.

"Well you guys have my support so you don't need to worry," Thomas rolled his eyes, "I'll leave you two be, no third-wheeling here." He walked inside leaving you two alone on the deck. You sat in the two chairs next to the tub, sitting in silence.

"I guess I owe you an apology," you sighed, "look Will, I'm really sorry, he's just so protective of me I didn't want things to change with you two either if he didn't support us. I hope you can forgive me." Will reached out and took your hand.

"I forgive you Y/N, and you have an amazing brother, I understand, I wouldn't want to get in the way of that," he smiled. The two of you finished drying off and went inside to change. You walked by your brother's room and knocked,

"You're the best brother," you said through the door.

"I know," he answered. You changed quickly in your room and went back to find Will ruffling his wet hair sitting on the couch waiting for you in a t-shirt and shorts. You sat down next to him as he pulled you close to him. You flicked on the TV putting on a movie as you sat together tucked into Will's chest. You looked up at him,

"What?"

"Nothing," you smiled. He kissed your forehead, causing you to sit up and look at him. You tucked a strand of his hair back, as your eyes met. He pulled you onto his lap, pressing his lips to yours, you wrapped your arms around his neck locking your lips with his. His hand rubbed your back slowly, you heard footsteps, but you didn't care, you had no need to worry anymore about the fear of being caught by your brother. You pulled Will closer to you if that was even possible when you heard your brother's steps coming closer.

"You guys are gross," he gagged. Your lips broke apart as you both looked at your brother.

"You wanted me to date her," Will said.

"I didn't think this through," Thomas grabbed a snack out of the fridge and went back to his room. "Not too much of that!" he called out.

"Shut up!" you yelled back, as you rested your head on Will's chest once again.

_____________________________________________

Okay everyone here's some news! I'm going to make a strictly UMich story and probably other college hockey players, but mostly Umich so it will be on my profile soon 😁