Thomas Bordeleau

"I may be a little rusty," you said tying your skates.

"Y/N, it's fine, you think I care how good you are?" Thomas smiled. Ever since you started college you wanted to play hockey again, and meeting Thomas reintroduced that to you. You had a crush on him since the moment you laid eyes on him, but you were too nervous to tell him. You two instantly became best friends and when he asked you to move to San Jose with him you couldn't be more excited. Now within your first few weeks of living together, he was taking you to skate, he must have figured out how much you missed playing hockey with him in Michigan.

"I don't know Bords," you strapped your chest protector on. You watched him peel his tightly fit shirt over his head as he prepared to put on his upper equipment. You could feel your face getting flush at the sight of Thomas.

"You'll be fine Y/N, you think too much," you rolled your eyes, even if he was right. You put your jersey on and slipped on your helmet and gloves.

"Hurry up slow poke," you tapped his pads leaving the locker room. You knocked a few pucks off the bench and began to skate around waiting for Thomas to join you. You felt so comfortable on the ice and very focused on what you were doing that you didn't notice him on the bench watching you.

"Rusty my ass," he called out to you as he stepped on the ice.

"Okay maybe I have practiced a bit," you shrugged. You skated away with a puck on your stick snapping the puck off the post into the net. You did a little celebration sending you sliding back to Thomas on one knee.

"Okay Y/N, I get it," he rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, you know you love it," you said shoving him. He rolled his eyes and took a puck,

"Watch this," he skated away towards the net maneuvering the puck through his legs sending it high in the net.

"Yeah baby let's go," he said pumping his fists as he skated back to you.

"Bravo, Bravo," you said slowly tapping your stick on the ice.

"One on one you and me Y/N,"

"You're on," you said. The two of you went to center ice and started to play. Thomas gained possession first, you poked and prodded at his stick causing him to lose the puck a few times.

"You forget I was a defenseman when I played," you smirked, taking the puck from him and skating down the ice. You got to your offensive zone as you felt him slashing at your legs, you knew you were annoying him. You thought it was really cute when he got annoyed with you, he would guilt you into apologizing with puppy dog eyes and a frown. You shot the puck and it soared into the net,

"Oh yeah," you exclaimed doing a silly little dance on the ice.

"Again," Thomas took the puck out of the net. He began charging down the ice to the other end. He shot the puck and it went just wide. You both lost your feet and found yourself pressed against the boards, with Tom on top of you holding you there. You met each other's eyes and could feel your heart beating out of your chest.

"Hi Y/N," he smiled. You melted at the way he was looking at you.

"H-Hi," you blushed and began to get nervous.

"Y/N I have to tell you something," he said leaving you against the boards.

"What is it?"

"I love you Y/N, I really love you, I always have since I first met you and I couldn't stand the thought of not being with you because of how much I love you Y/N, that's why I asked you to move out here, we spent every day together in Michigan and I wasn't ready to let that go, I missed you so much during the one we were apart and was kicking myself for not telling you how I felt sooner, so yeah even if we bicker and annoy each other I do it just to show how much I care Y/N," you were stunned. He did like you back and you couldn't believe it, you could see he was eagerly waiting for you to answer as he gazed into your eyes.

"Tom I love you too, I thought it was all one-sided, from the day we met you already had me falling for you Bords," you smiled.

"Well then Y/N after years of these feelings, would you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes Thomas, yes yes yes," he yanked his helmet off and grabbed you by the shoulders, pulling you into the tightest hug. You took your helmet off as your hug broke apart.

"Oh my no my hair is such a mess," you said putting your helmet back on, but he stopped you.

"Y/N it doesn't matter," he said taking your helmet from you and dropping it on the ice. He pulled your face to his pressing a kiss on your lips smiling.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to do that," you said resting your forehead against his.

"I wish I did it sooner," he smiled before kissing you again, "let's go, home love, we have the rest of the day to do that." The two of you picked up your things and left the ice feeling happier than ever. After changing in the locker room the two of you went to Thomas's car, he took your hand and drove back to your apartment.

The two of you dropped your bags inside and lay on the couch. You sat down first letting him rest his head on your chest. You ruffled his slightly wet hair from the shower he took at the rink, as he stared at you smiling.

"What?" you laughed.

"Nothing, just admiring my girlfriend," he grinned. You pulled him closer to you if that was even possible. You rubbed your thumb across his cheek as he lay there smiling at you. He reached for your hair resting his hand on the back of your head. You pulled his face to yours running your hands through his hair. You had been waiting so long to play with his fluffy brown hair.

"I love you," you whispered.

"I love you too."

_____________________________________________________

I love writing about playing hockey, even while I can't play 🥰