Chapter 30 - nothing comes between us

Jade POV

I see Perrie's eyes widen, how she tries not to show her fear and yet cannot control her gaze. It seems like she has a billion thoughts in her head, all rattling around so fast she has trouble processing them.

"Aiden..." she repeats, "Aiden, your...your dancer," but I just stare at her.

"Do you...do you know why you're here?" she asks, voice trembling, full of fear, full of worry. It breaks my heart to just shake my head.

"What is the last thing you remember?" she wants to know hesitantly.

And I think, I think sharply and intensely. "The meeting...we had a meeting," I say. Her brow furrows even more.

"What meeting, babes?" she asks quietly.

"You know...Sam told us Jesy was leaving...," I remind her, watching her eyes widen even more. "And then I was in my flat and Jordan wasn't there and...I don't know what happened then," I tell her.

"Fuck," she huffs, grabbing her cheeks with shaking hands, shaking her head. "Jade, babes, listen," she tries to stay calm, sits on the edge of my bed, puts her hand on my thigh. "That was five years ago," she looks me in the eye so seriously, so forcefully, so deeply, that I can't contain myself any longer.

"I know," I grin. "I'm just teasing you." She stares at me even more confused.

"I know who that monster is," I explain quietly. "I know exactly what he did and why I'm here."

"Oh thank God!" she groans out, resting her forehead on my leg for a moment before startling up. "Of course it's not good, nothing about it is good, nothing at all, but it's good that you, well, that you know and don't, don't have amnesia and..."

"Amnesia?", I giggle.

"Yeah isn't that how it's called? The thing Dori had, and...you really scared me!" she rambles. "You scared the hell out of me, Jade!" she pouts and I want to smile, but the mere attempt to pull up the corner of my mouth makes me grimace.

"Sorry," I mumble, closing my eyes, trying to take a deep breath, to somehow deal with this wave of pain. When I open my eyes again, I see that Perrie has taken the seat next to me again and is carefully holding my hand, watching me sadly.

"What did he do to me?", I ask trying to stay calm, bit slowly failing. "Why does my head feel like it's about to explode?"

"He did a number on you," she says softly, not taking her eyes off me as I squint mine again, overwhelmed by the pain that just won't go away.

"Babe, calm down," Perrie tries, but that seems impossible right now. "I need some meds," I mumble. "Can you call the doctor?"

"You're already on the highest dose possible," she tells me calmly. "You can't get any more, that would be dangerous."