Heartbeat

House of Hades - Saddio Tartarus fanfic. Don't hate me. :{)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I laid down on the sharp glass like earth of Tartarus. I still hadn't gotten used to the suffocating air and it filled my lungs uncomfortably.

Boom boom. Boom boom. Boom boom.

I had my head on Percy's chest and his chin was on my head. I was curled up in a ball on his lap and it was the one place I felt as close as I could get to safe. Bob and Small Bob kept watch and I couldn't help but smile when they played a little game of tag. I turned my head so my ear was at Percy's heart.

Boom boom. Boom boom. Boom boom.

I closed my eyes and blocked out all the sounds. I didn't fall asleep. Every time is sleep I get nightmares of Arachne and her descendents. It felt so real. I felt so vulnerable even in my slumber.

Boom boom. Boom boom. Boom boom.

I remember, when I was little and I had nightmares, my dad would always stoke my hair and tell me stories until I fell asleep again. Dad. Athena. Poseidon. Sally. Sally wouldn't even know that her son is currently dying and trudging through the only place worse than hell.

Boom boom. Boom boom. Boom boom.

Athena. She probably wouldn't mind. A tear slipped down my cheek. I had failed her after all. Poseidon. He'd be crazy worrying about Percy and most likely putting his kingdom in a state if depression. His kingdom would be as upset as he is; they couldn't see their king so depressed and they wouldn't want to lose their prince.

Boom boom. Boom boom. Boom boom.

Dad. Mum. Sally. Poseidon. The 7. Nico. Reyna. Gleeson and his family. Camp Half-Blood. Camp Jupitor.

Boom boom. Boom boom. Boom boom.

Our heartbeats synchronised. Maybe they always have been.