My first kiss

I heard the Telekhines charge closer, closer. My mind was racing faster than my heart. Seaweed brain couldn't think up a plan so of course I had too. We couldn't just... die.

The cave rumbled and I was thinking so hard I thought my head would explode. For once, I Annabeth Minerva Chase, could not think of a plan. The monsters were closer and there was no other way.
"Put your cap back on!"Percy said"Get out!"
"What?!"I shrieked,"No!I'm not leaving you!"
"I've got a plan. I'll distract them. You can use the metal spider-maybe it'll lead you back to Hephaestus. You have to tell him!"
"But you'll be killed!"
"I'll be fine. Besides, we've got no choice!"I knew he was right and that there was no choice. I couldn't leave him because there was a very unlikely chance that he will live. I needed him.

But that also made him my weakness. I glared at him at that like I was going to punch him. I did something that caught us both of guard.

I kissed him.

His lips tasted like blood but I didn't care.
"Be careful, Seaweed Brain" I knew that was a stupid thing to say as I swiftly whipped on my cap.

"What do we have here? A son of Poseidon?" My heart leapt into my throat and I stopped abruptly in my tracks. If I turned around I wouldn't leave. I couldn't.

I turned my head and watched the scene.
"Yes"another growled,"I can smell the sea in his blood"
Percy raised his sword, Riptide, courageously.
"Strike down one of us, Demigod, and we shall rip you to sheds. Your father betrayed us. He took our gift and said nothing as we were cast into the Pit. We shall see him sliced to pieces. Him and all the other Olympians." a third one said.
The tallest Telekhine said," Lets see how strong he is. let us see how long it takes him to burn!"

I turned away. I couldn't see him die but I couldn't help him either. He would never trust me fully again.
"Your fathers nature protects you," Phew"Makes you hard to burn. But not impossible, youngling. Not impossible." I thought too soon. He can't die. But then I heard him scream, tears streamed down my face as I dropped to my knees. The merciless demons howled in deight.

But there was a sound. The sound of water. It sounded huge like oceans, ponds, rivers and VERY large bodies of water were coming together. I kept my eyes tight shut even though I knew Percy was causing it. There was, probably, enough water to erupt the whole mountain by now.

I ran towards the exit dropping the spider down and running after it. Which is the last thing I never thought would ever do. Percy screamed again but this time of power as if he was letting loose all of the water.

I made the mistake of looking back one last time because all I could see was a huge comet/human shaped thing hurtling into the sky at high speed.

Percy. Oh no. Please.

I sprinted after the spider again sobbing all the way back to Hephaestus. When I was finally there, I broke down and cried my heart out, digging my nails so hard into my fists that they drew blood.

Hephaestus comforted me, surprisingly. Saying that it was all going to end all right. But it wasn't alright. And the realisation only dawned on me then.

I loved him, I loved Percy Jackson.