Join us, Annabeth

When Percy is on Ogygia - The Battle of the Labyrinth
********
"Shhh, it's ok, Annie,"Thalia said," My kelp head cousin can't go now. You know he won't die on you"

"I don't know, Thals. I doubt anybody could survive one the most severe volcano explosions and live after shooting of the planet in a fiery hot comet"I sniffled.
We were in my cabin and Thalia was 'consoling' me before Percy's funeral. She couldn't attend because she had duties as one of Artemis's best hunters.

"I doubt it too" she said which only make me break down in sobs again"But he was going to hurt you sooner or later sooo I was thinking-"

"Who are you and what have you done with Thalia Grace"I interrupted in mock seriousness.
"Haha very funny, Annie. Anyway everybody has hurt you emotionally in some way but I have a way you could. . . get over him"

"What do you mean?" I asked, standing up.

"You know very well what I mean. Lady Artemis would be welcome to take you in now. Join us, Annabeth. Think about it, no more heartbreak, no more people there to mock you. You'll fit in perfectly"
I did think about it. In fact I thought about it before Thalia even became a hunter and I made my choice.

"I stand by what I said before, Thalia"I started backing towards the door slowly as I knew where this was going.

"Come on! Can't you see he hurt you! You are a daughter of the wisdom goddess, you know where he is and you still think he'll love you. That he will come back for you?!"

A tear slid down my already sodden cheek. She was right. Why would he come back for me? Even if he did, would he love me? I ran out of my cabin in, ignoring the shouts coming from Thalia.

I ran into the Poseidon cabin, spammed the door shut and climbed into Percy's bed. I liked it there cos' it smelled like him, like the sea.
I breathed in the salty smell and sobbed until there were no more tears left to shed.
The door opened, Thalia walked in and hugged me. I'd never felt so weak before and it felt good to let my feelings out after keeping them in for a long time.
"I have to go now, Annie. Telling you to be safe would be a lie. We are at war after all. Take a nap before the funeral, you look tired."

She tucked me in to Percy's bed and hugged me. I didn't even see the door close as I was already drifting off.