New Camper

I was in the arena training. Again. I just
Wanted to get out into the world. I was tired of being cooped up in Cabin 6( the Athena cabin) all the time. The prophecy said that I will get a quest when a new camper came and he would get me out of here( not that I hated it).
Today, I cracked. I couldn't rely on the prophecy my whole life but you can't change fate. Not when it's already written.
"Annabeth," I turned Luke, son of Hermes and my only friend here "I know what you're thinking but, hacking of the dummies limbs won't change you're fate"
Tears pricked my eyes but I couldn't cry. I wouldn't.
"How would you feel, Luke, if you have to rely on somebody to get you out into the world. To walk around with a prophecy hanging off you're shoulders and knowing that you can't get out into the world and follow you're dreams. I don't know how long I can stand this cos' I want to be out there." I practically screamed in his face. I couldn't stop the flow of tears streaming down my cheeks.
He pulled me into a hug, patted my head soothingly and dried my tears. I felt warm and happy in his arms. Better I felt safe.
I could've stayed there forever but I heard a roar. A roar of the minator. Despite Luke's protests, I ran to half blood hill with my dagger strapped to my hip. When I got there, I was panting heavily. A boy with raven black hair lugged a satyr up Half-blood hill. I knew that rasta cap anywhere. Grover. Great, he was unconscious.
I ran to them this camper was my only hope. If he wasn't the one, well, I'd just have to lead my own life.
The boy collapsed just before I reached them. I heard the sound of hooves.
"He has to be the one. He has to be" I said to Chiron, our activities director.
"Silence, Annabeth. He's still conscious, bring him inside"
Argus and I carried him to the infirmary and,I must say, for an unconscious 12-year-old, he was light.

***at breakfast the next morning***

As I made my way to the infirmary, I heard Chiron speaking to Mr.D. Through the door all I got was," The boy...Summer Solstice...stolen...war...
will happen soon... few weeks"
I ran. I quickly shut the door and grabbed the pudding and a spoon.
I studied him while I fed. He was skinny, pale and badly scratched but this was nothing compared to the other injuries I've seen. He twitched and he looked quite cute but the drool and pudding dripping of his chin made his cuteness drop. Wait...did I just say that?
He opened his eyes and my breath hitched for a second. I stared at mesmerising sea-green eyes that replicated the slowly crashing waves of the ocean. I could smell the salty air and feel the sea spray just by looking at them.
I snapped back to reality and asked"What will happen at the summer solstice?"
"What?"he croaked. I look around frantically, afraid that somebody would overhear.
"What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!"
"I'm sorry...I don't..."he said as he slipped back into unconsciousness. I was so close but he probably didn't know yet it was always the same. Strangely, he was different... in a good way.
I didn't know I was staring at him until I heard a shuffle in the corner and I spotted Argus. I swear I saw his neck eye wink at me as I walked out of the room.