You would do the same

I was as safe as I could get but I was still worried. Not for me, of course, but for Percy. If he died I would never be sure after the Calypso incident.

I loved him but he has a girlfriend (that Dare girl) and he didn't seem to notice me at all. That hurt me more than my arm.
Quick summery- We are in the middle of a war and I took Ethan Nakumura's knife for Percy...who is now invincible.

I don't know why I did I just felt that I had to. Weird right?
I played the scene in my mind again.

Flashback

We fought shoulder to shoulder just like we always do. The two dark figures of Blackjack and Porkpie swooped over us, kicking our enemies on the helmets.

We had almost made it to the bridge when I glimpsed Ethan Nakumura, son of Nemesis, creep up behind me with a poisoned knife in one hand. Percy was invincible now so stabbing him was going to be a pretty stupid action. However I had the urge to step in between them. And if I didn't something terrible was going to happen to him.

I cried out in pain as the poisoned blade stuck me, digging deeper into my arm with every second.
I fell, clutching my arm as Percy called out my name.
He slammed Riptide's hilt so hard into his face that it dented his helm.
"Get back!"I heard him yell,"No one touches her!"

"Interesting"Kronos towered above him on his skeletal horse, his eyes narrowing at him,"Bravely fought, Percy Jackson but it's time to surrender or . . . the girl dies"
I gathered enough strength to say"Percy, don't,"
His eyes flitted to my arm then at the sky?
"Blackjack!"he yelled.
Blackjack swooped in, his teeth clamped on the straps of my armour as he carried me away.

End flashback

He carried me here, to the Plaza.

Away from the war.

Away from the enemies.

Away from Kronos.

Away from Percy.

Percy. That's why I am worried and more scared than I ever have been. What had happened after I left? Did he surrender? Did he fight? Did he...die?

Just then the door flew open. Percy and Will Solace (son of Apollo) pushed past my siblings and unwrapped the bandages on my arm. I must have looked horrible because Percy's eyes widened in horror at them,"Annabeth . . ." he choked.
"Poison on the dagger," I mumbled," Pretty stupid of my, huh?"

Will Solace exhaled in relief."It's not so bad, Annabeth. A few more minutes and we would've been in trouble. But the venom hasn't gone past the shoulder yet. Just lie still. Somebody get me some necter." he said.
Percy grabbed a canteen faster than you can say Seaweed Brain.

Will cleaned the wound while Percy held my hand. Warmth shot up my body and I felt sparks fly everywhere. But it went as it came.

Pain cursed through my veins as he dabbed my wound"Ow!" I said,"Ow, ow" I gripped Percy's fingers tightly as Silena muttered words of encouragement to me.

"That should do it," he said after applying new bandages"But we're going to need some mortal supplies."
I wasn't really listening after that as I tried to focus on other things to try and make sure I didn't drift of into sleep. I wanted to stay awake a little while longer and feel Percy's hand in mine.

After a while, everyone shuffled out leaving Percy, Silena and I alone.
"You're a great camper" Percy told Silena,"You're the best Pegasus rider we have. And you get along with people. Believe me, anyone who can make friends with Clarisse, has talent."

I felt a pang of jealousy towards her. But Silena loved. . . oh.
"That's it!We need the Ares Cabin. I can talk to Clarisse. I know I can convince her to help us."
"Woa Silena, even if you could get off the island, Clarisse is pretty stubborn. Once she gets angry-"
"Please, I can take a Pegasus. I know I can make it back to camp. Let me try."
We needed all the people we could get and the Ares campers were some of our best fighters. Percy exchanged a look with me, I nodded slightly but he didn't seem to like the idea.
"Alright"he finally agreed,"I can't think of anybody better to try."
She threw her arms around him and then pushed back awkwardly, glancing at me. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew that I loved him as she is a daughter of the love goddess.
"Um, sorry. Thank you Percy. I won't let you down!"

After she was gone, Percy knelt down next to me and felt my forehead.
"You look cute when you're worried"I muttered truthfully,"Your eyebrows get all scrunched together"
"You are NOT going to die while I owe you a favour"he said worriedly,"Why did you take that knife?"
"You would have done the same for me"I replied simply. It was true and I guess we both knew it.
"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

He looked around, then leaned in close and whispered,"My Achilles spot. If you hadn't taken that knife I would've died"
I shivered at how close he was and then thought. Hard. How did I know? was it that strange feeling I felt just before? Why did I not know all the answers to my questions?

"I don't know, Percy. I just had this feeling that you were in danger. Where . . . where is the spot?"
I didn't think he would tell me even if I was his best friend.

"The small of my back"he told me. He told ME. I lifted my hand.

"Where? Here?"I put my hand on his spine and it tingled. He took my hand (which only increase the amount of sparks flying up my good arm. This couldn't be healthy) and ran it down his back until it reached his Achilles spot.

I felt him shudder weakly"You saved me. Thanks,"
I removed my hand but, he kept holding it which made me feel like I was on cloud 9.

"So you owe me? What else is new?" I asked. He looked outside and had a distant look in his eyes, as if he was thinking of what would happen if the war wasn't on. Which reminded me of Luke. He came to me in San Fran and I knew I had to tell him.

"You asked me why Hermes was mad at me?"
"Hey you need to rest-"
"No, I want to tell you. It's been bothering me for a long time."I moved my shoulder and winced.

"Last year, Luke came to see me in San Fransisco" he looked shocked and I was shocked that he was shocked.

" In person? He came to your house?"
I told him every thing.

"It's okay. Try to get some rest."
"No, Percy you don't understand. Hermes was right. Maybe if I had gone with him I could've changed his mind. Or - or I had a knife. Luke was unarmed. I could've-"

"Killed him?" He finished," You know that wouldn't have been right."

I squeezed my eyes shut"Luke said Kronos would use him like a stepping stone. Those were his exact words. Kronos would use Luke to become even more powerful."
"He did that" he replied coldly,"He possessed Luke's body"
" But what if Luke's body only a transition? What if Kronos has a plan to become more powerful? I could've stopped him. This war is my fault."
It was true this war WAS my fault.
Percy looked at me with a mixture of sadness and anger in his eyes before having a distant look in them.

The terrace door opened and Connor Stoll said"Percy, Mrs O'Leary came back with Grover and I think you should speak to him"
"Get some rest, Annabeth" Percy said sadly. He squeezed my hand and leg it slip through mine before walking after Connor.

I instantly missed the warmth of his hand in mine.