Holding on

Ya know that little one-shot in chapter 5 (You would do the same)? This is an extended version and quite cute. Silena leaves with Will and Annabeth's siblings so now their alone. This is virtually awkward anyway. . .Enjoy! :)

********

Silena winked at me, pointed to my hand and then closed the door. When I looked down, I felt my cheeks grow hot because Percy's hand was still holding mine. He must have noticed this too as he blushed and looked at his shoes but he didn't let go. I averted my gaze to the little balcony near my feet and it was strange to as I didn't remember seeing one before. The sun was just rising and you could call this moment perfect.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"Percy said looking at the sunrise. I moved my hand to his shoulder (ignoring the cute confused look he was giving me) and tried to pull myself up. Key word there, "tried". I ended up falling onto him as pain seared through my poisoned arm and I swallowed down my scream. Percy put his arm round my waist, draped my good arm over is shoulder and half-carried me over to the balcony.

"Annabeth?"he asked staring at me who was staring at the sky.

"Do you ever feel (A/N:LIKE A PLASTIC BAG, DRIFTING THROUGH THE WIND. . . ) that this was all your fault and that if you were gone then-"I cut him off by putting my finger to his lips.

"Is that really how you think you are? Do you not realise how many people's lives you've changed? How lucky you are as a demigod?"

"I'm not lucky! You call having a prophecy ,that states that you aren't going to live, lucky?!"we were practically nose to nose now.

"You have family! The most loving mum in the world, your dad, Poseidon, is as brilliant as a god dad can get, and you have friends that stick by you even if you are destined to die!"I felt like taking back what I said when he cringed at the "destined to die" part,"I would never say this to anyone but I trust you, Percy. With my life, a secret, anything. I never open myself up to people and when I did . . . you know what happened."

I choked back a sob. I not cry. Annabeth Chase does not cry. For once, I didn't listen to my head. I put my head in the crook of his neck and let it all out. Everything that has hung on me like sandbags, was slowly going away.

He dried my tears with his thumb, carried me back to couch and lay me down.
"Get some rest, Seaweed Brain, you can't fight when you're tired"I said. I felt Percy nod and he let go of my hand. And then did I notice that he didn't let go. Not even when we were arguing.

He kept holding on. Holding on.

And with that thought I drifted into sleep.