Another Coffin

My dreams were broken and hazy, I could hear people screaming and the sound of breaking stone. Suddenly I sat up in bed to find Del shaking me holding my phone.

I grabbed the phone to see Calista was calling, by the clock it was barely eight in the morning. "Calista?"

"Morganna! He is here! The killer is here!"

"Calista! Where are you?" I asked as I hit the speaker button and dropped the phone on the bed. I grabbed the bones dress and started putting it on as quickly as I could.

"In my office at the council building...I think I hear him..." I heard her scream before it was suddenly cut off. I rushed to the bed to see the phone had been disconnected.

"Fuck! Gab!" I yelled working on getting my arms in the sleeves.

"What is going on Morgs?" Del asked.

"The killer from Scotland has Calista." I said. Just then Gab burst into the room and look around before blushing and looking at me. "Zipper now." I said standing. He rushed over zipping my dress before I grabbed the crown. I grabbed a random pair of boots and set on the end of the bed. Kaona was there quickly putting on and tying up the boots. "The hands Gab." I said as Kaona was finishing the tying the second boot. He rushed out again as I stood. "All of you stay here, do not answer the door, do not come after me." I rushed out of the room and past Gab.

"Faye!" I spun and caught the hands as I landed and slid down the bannister. I hit the floor running I barely missed Conner as I sprinted down the hall.

"Morganna no!" I heard hims yell but I ignored him. I had to go, I had to save her and protect the others.

"Caw caw!" I yelled and the door slammed open. I was airborne and withing my birds a second later. "Take me to Calista." I said as I got Morganna's hands in place and the crown settled. My skin felt like it burst into flame as my magic flared. The atrium door was taking to long, I wrapped us in a shield and yelled, "fly!" We skyrocketed through the door, causing glass and metal exploded out around us. They flew at their full speed switching positions to rest. The dove and gently set me down outside the council building.

I pushed on the door and found it was sealed shut. I peered through the glass of the door trying to see anything. Then I saw her laying on the floor her head turned to face me. I grabbed the handle trying force it open. No this could not be happening, not again, not to her damnit. I looked again to see him standing there looking down on Calista.

I slammed my hand on the door. "Hey you dumb fucker! It is me you want! Leave her alone and come get me!" He turned his head to me and I saw him smile. It was then I saw his eyes, there was no humanity left. This man was pure evil and he was enjoying every bit of what he did. I continued to slam my body and hand against the door as he flew his arms out wide. I watched the shadowy shape of the demon jump from him and into Calista, making making her back bow for a few moments. Her eyes opened and for a moment it was her looking into my own.

"Calista! Fight it damn it!" I started hitting the door harder using my magic to add more force. I heard a crack in the door and I re doubled my effort. When I looked next it was not Calista in those eyes, instead it was the demon having taken full control. The demon smiled at me using her lips as he slide her hands down the body.

"Fucker! Stop this now!" I screamed as I felt red hot tears streak down my face. "Let her go! Take me you sick fucker!" I heard another crack as I beat at the door. The demon grabbed the front of her dress and ripped it wide open. I watched the man draw a curved long knife from his belt before straddling her legs. I panic, slamming every ounce of body strength I have into the door. It still would not budge, no matter how many times it cracked.