ch45 the mission begins.

3rd pov

2 days later, the night before the infiltration.

The gentle sounds of running water against the ground and walls brought a relaxing feeling for David and his pokemon. The fortress sure was massive and it had large bathrooms, large enough to be considered a spa.

Beside David was all his pokemon, all relaxing the night away, sharing stories, singing songs, telling jokes and overall having a good time.

As seconds turned to minutes David and his pokemon all cleaned themselves up before getting out.

Kirlia: waaah, that felt amazing. The warm water was heavenly.

Braixen giggles before stretching her arms over her head. She hummed from the pleasures of her muscles and bones stretching.

Braixen: B-Brai~xen~ (hmmm~ I agree it feels so food~)

Lucario and the remain agreed as David opened the door to his room he was assigned. David like the others stretched his aching muscles before beginning to dry off his hair and body.

The last two days were incredibly difficult for the group. They were training like never before, acrobatics, jujitsu, karate and thanks to the help of jenna and lily they were able to learn some techniques from the book Anita lent them..

Amazing techniques from iaijutsu (the art of drawing the sword) and kenjutsu (way of the sword) alongside kyudo. (Japanese bow and arrow)

The training greatly improved their abilities and their creative way of thinking making the group one of the most adaptable amongst the infiltration unit.

But now with the training over and only rest on the horizon all they could do was rest. After drying off David lied down on his bed with his face in the pillows as kirlia, braixen and the others all climbed in after him.

David spun onto his back and looked up to the ceiling as kirlia cuddled up to his left arm, braixen to his right and Lucario rolling his eyes as he took a seat on the couch beside them. Galvantula did the same while turtwig climbed onto David's lap.

David: heh, you guys did amazing today. Good shooting with from braixen and lucario.

The two mentioned smile joyfully before sheepishly giving thanks. Kirlia nuzzled a bit closer before nudging his arm a bit.

Kirlia: ne ne David, why don't you sing us a song? One that we've never heard of before.

Galvantula perked his head up interested about what might occur next. Braixen and lucario do the same as they haven't heard a song from David for a few days.

David smiles before looking at the expressions of each of his pokemon before caving in from the pressure. He chuckles lightly before falling into a deep sense of thought, thinking about the different music he could provide.

About a minute would pass before a song comes to mind. It was different from the ones he often sung, but it told a tale of good and evil with each lyric. It was different and held together so it was a perfect song.

Then he took a breath and begun to hum. The notes were low and the melody was soft and slow holding a depressed yet hopeful tune.

"Where now the horse and the rider?
Where is the horn that was blowing?"

David begins softly, the gentle tune holding a dark undertone. Grimm dark even, giving way for the next few lines. Kirlia's eyes closed allowing her psychic energy to give her access to accurately predict the notes of the next verse. She begins to hum the melody making more depth for the song and it's impact.