35 - Cavill's in Town

Henry and I arrived back in Vermont after staying in London for a week, we had been back for about a week. I had to get into work early for the fact that the art fair was this weekend and I had to get things ready for the booth that Ron was going to be running.

I left Henry at home asleep as I went in early leaving him a note. I was sitting working with a piece of clay trying to mold it when I felt someone come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.

🎵Oh, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long, lonely time
🎵

He sang whispered in my ear and I laughed. I turned my head and gave Henry a passionate kiss.

"You weren't in bed when I woke up." Henry said grabbing a stool sitting behind me and keeping his hands on my waist as I worked.

"I know babe, I'm sorry. The Art Fair starts in a few days and Ron is taking a lot of inventory with him, so I had to come in and make sure I was getting things ready for the store inventory." I said and Henry sighed and kissed my cheek.

"Can I help you in any way?" Henry asked resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Actually, yes you can. Can you go move the vases from the top of the cooling rack to the painting table?" I asked and Henry nodded and got up doing what I asked. As I was working and Henry was keeping himself busy with little odds and ends jobs, I asked him to do there was a knock on the backroom doorway. I looked at saw Ron standing there.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked and he looked at Henry then at me.

"Someone is here to see you." Ron said.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Not for you Dezi, for Henry. Says his name is Charles and he is with someone else name Marianne." Ron said and Henry smiled.

"What's going on?" I asked as Henry walked up to me.

"Okay so I thought they would call when they got here..." Henry said, and I looked at him oddly.

"Ron, can you show them back here please?" Henry asked and I just got up and wiped my hands clean.

"Henry, I don't look the best for surprise guests." I grumbled. He walked up to me and kissed my cheek.

"You're beautiful." Henry said and I sighed as an older woman and young guy came walking back. Not super young, a few years younger than Henry maybe.

"You were supposed to call when you got in!" Henry said walking over to them and hugging them both kissing the woman on her cheek.

"I tried, your cellphone went straight to voicemail." She said and I looked at Henry.

"You forgot to charge it last night, didn't you?" I asked and Henry laughed and nodded.

"Yep, so it's dead." He said pulling it from his pocket to check and I shook my head. He then looked at me then back to the people.

"Mum, Charles this is Destiny Marks. Dez, this is my mum Marianne and youngest brother of the five of us, Charles." Henry said and I shook both their hands.

"So lovely to meet both of you, sorry about my appearance." I said and looking down at my clay and paint covered clothes and apron.

"It's quite alright dear. We're guessing he gave you no warning..." Marianne said, and I shook my head and she backhanded Henry on his chest.

"You have to give a girl warning." She said and I tried not to laugh that he was getting scolded.

"Did dad make it in?" Henry asked and she nodded.

"Jetlag hit the old man and he went back to the hotel to sleep right away but I wanted to get here and see you. Also, meet the girl you can't stop going on and on about." Marianne said and I blushed looking up at Henry as he put his arm around my waist.

"You go on and on about me?" I asked looking up at Henry.

Before he could answer his brother spoke up. "He really does, it gets sickening." Charles said. Henry punched him in the shoulder, I giggled, and Marianne rolled her eyes.

"Well, this works out perfectly actually because my mom and dad just got back into town, and we can all meet up for dinner." I said and Henry nodded.

"Which means you have to leave here before 3am." Henry said, and I glared at him.

"You know I'm busy." I said and he groaned.

"But I came to spend time with you, and you are constantly here." Henry grumbled and I just sighed.

"Because I have a huge event coming up..." I said.

"Always something huge Dez." Henry said.

Marianne sensing and hearing the tension, spoke up. "Henry, why don't you take your brother and I out to lunch, we can bring something back for Dezi."

"Sounds good." Henry said as his lips barely touched my cheek in a kiss as they left and I sighed watching him walk out.

***HENRY POV***

Once we got outside, I looked around.

"Not a lot of places around here but the diner down the street is pretty good." I said. Before I got an answer I was hit upside the head by my mum and punched by my brother.

"What the fuck?!" I said pissed off.

"You made her feel horrible Henry! You got mad about her working and trying to make a living. You knew this was her life and would be if you came to visit." Marianne said and I sighed.

"I know I guess I just thought with me being here she would take some time off." I said as we walked down towards the diner.

"Like you did when she came to Ireland?" Charles said sarcastically and I groaned.

"I was working on a tv show. I couldn't just say, hey I need time off even though we just got back to filming." I said.

"Exactly and you think this is easy for her to have you here but know she has to work? You said she run this place and makes all the inventory herself, it's a lot." Marianne said and I groaned.

"No...god I was an ass..." I said and Marianne nodded. "Wait here." I said and rushed back to the shop. I walked in and directly to the back. When I got back there I saw Dezi sitting at the painting table with her head in her hands and shaking as she cried.

"Dez..." I said as I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her from behind, she leaned back into me and just cried.

"I'm really fucking up this girlfriend thing and her boyfriend being here visiting thing, aren't I?" I asked looking up at him.

"No, I'm being the insensitive boyfriend who doesn't care about anything but being with you knowing you have a life. I love you Dez, I just want to be with you and have our time together." Henry said and I nodded.

"I swear after tomorrow, I'm all yours. Ron is running the art fair, Cheyenne is running the store and I'm off." I said and he smiled down at me as he leaned down and kissed me. I spun in his grip and turned to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he lifted me to the painting table, he moved between my legs. When we broke apart, I just looked at him as he placed a hand on my cheek using his thumb to wipe away the last escaping tear.

"You are everything to me Dezi, please don't forget that." Henry said and I shook my head.

"Never." I said as he leaned in and gave me another small kiss.