30 - Horseback Riding

I was sitting in a chair watching some playback on the screen when someone came walking up to me and I knew her as Natalie Dormer, she played Anne Boleyn on the show and we hit it off the night we had dinner.

"Dezi, Henry leave you on set again?" She asked coming up to me and I gave her a small laugh.

"No, he getting ready for some scene. Not sure where he is filming it. He just said he would come get me from here when he was done. He said it was a scene that would spoil season two for me." I said and she looked confused but tried playing it off.

"Well sitting here and watching tons of playback can be boring. I was about to go to the stables and take a horse out for a small ride. Do you want to join me?" Natalie asked.

"Are we allowed?" I asked and she nodded.

"I do it all the time. It gets the horses exercise and gives me a minute to clear my head. Do you ride?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, actually I do. Well, used to...it's been a few years." I said and Natalie smiled.

"Well, time to get back on the horse! Let's go!" She said excitedly. I gave a small laugh and we headed to the stables. There were horse handlers who got them saddled for us. I took a deep breath and put my foot in the stirrup and quickly got on.

"Easy." I said and we both laughed. "Lead the way, you know where to go." I said as she took off and I snapped the reigns. We rode in silence side by side. As we were following a path in the woods I sighed.

"What wrong?" Natalie asked.

"Henry asked you to get me further from set didn't he? Knowing I was sitting with production going over footage I would maybe see what he is filming today..." I said.

"I told him to just tell you and this was a bad idea." Natalie said and I sighed.

"I watch the show, I know what happens in some scenes. I know he is filming one of those scenes today. He forgets he leaves scripts and filming schedules out in the open around the house. I didn't say anything hoping he would just be open and tell me but now he is just keeping me away from set." I explained.

"I'm sorry if you think this is deceiving you in any way..." Natalie trailed off and I shook my head.

"No, in fact I missed horseback riding and I know you were just trying to help on all accounts but Henry should have just been honest." I said and Natalie nodded as well.

We continued to ride and I just thought about what I would say when I saw Henry.

After about half an hour of riding we were rounding the path to head back when I heard a horse come riding up quickly behind us.

"Hey! You're riding a horse..." Henry said in shock and I nodded.

"Yeah, maybe you should have asked me that day at the barn. You didn't have to show me how to pet a horse. I used to ride all the time." I said and Henry huffed a laugh and slightly shook his head. He then looked at Natalie.

"They are looking for you. Need you in hair and makeup." Henry said and she nodded.

"Thanks for riding with me and talking." I said and she smiled.

"Anytime Dezi." She said and took off back to set. Henry took her spot next to me and I just looked at him.

"What?" Henry asked.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked.

"What?"

"Henry please don't...you left filming schedule's around your house. I know what you were filming today. I'm okay with aspects of your job, I know...or at least I hope you are acting and none of it is real. You don't have to shoo me from set if it's an intimate scene. Although having Natalie take me out today and I get to ride horses, best day ever!" I said and Henry laughed. He leaned over from him horse and I leaned over to him as we kissed. I then pulled my phone from my pocket and took a selfie of us. As we started riding back I heard Henry sigh.

"Can I tell you the real reason I don't want you set for those scenes?" Henry asked and I nodded.

"Of course you can..." I said.

Henry took a deep breath and I stopped my horse to look at him and he stopped when I did.

"The reason I don't want you one set when I filmed that scene is because you would have made me nervous. Dezi, you and I...I don't want you to think I'm doing things with you I use with filming or things I don't do with you. I know it's all fake but you would make me nervous." Henry said and I just looked at him, huffed a laugh and shook my head.

"Henry, again I know its all fake. I watch the show. As long as you are with me in your bed at night and its real, that's all I care about." I said and he growled with a smile. He leaned back over and kissed me.

As we continued to ride Henry pulled out his phone and took photos of me on the horse and I laughed taking some of him.

As we rode my phone went off with a facetime and I stopped the horse and Henry stopped beside me and we saw it was Eve.

"Does she know you're here?" Henry asked and I shook my head. Henry took my phone and put us both in frame and then answered.

"What the hell?!" Eve yelled shocked and we laughed.

"Hi!" I said.

"Where are you?!"

"Ireland. Tudors set. Henry is on break and we are riding horses back to set now." I said and Eve smiled.

"I love seeing you two together. Although last I knew you were fighting..."

"Yeah well I was an idiot. I invited her here and we are together and spending time together." Henry said and Eve smiled.

"Good, stop being an idiot with my best friend." Eve said and I smiled at Henry as he laughed.

"I am, don't worry." Henry said.

"Well I was calling to tell you Daniel and I were going to make it back in the states in a few weeks, one of my last big travels. Do you think we could stay with you, if it's not too much trouble." Eve said and I shook my head.

"Never, guest room is all yours. Give me dates and times. I will pick you guys up." I said and she nodded.

"Okay well go have fun riding horses. Call me later?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yep." I said. "Love ya!" I said and Henry hung up my phone and handed it back to me as we continued to set. Once we got to the stables I got off the horse and forgot about the pain after riding. Henry laughed watching me stretch it out for a minute.

"Shut up." I said and he laughed. He looked at the time on the clock on the stable.

"I have to get back to set. You want to come with me?" Henry asked and I shook my head.

"Actually can I get a car home? I think I'm going to shower and then cook you dinner." I said and Henry smiled.

"I shouldn't be too late so I will see you tonight." Henry said and leaned down and passionately kissed. He then motioned for someone to take me to a car. Henry watched me walk away and sighed knowing this time together was going to be over soon.