12 - Date Night Interruptions

I arrived at Caleb's for our date and as I got out of my car, I saw the gate to the backyard open.

"Hey." I said seeing him.

"Hey, sorry, I'm cooking back here so I wouldn't have heard you knock. Come on back." Caleb said and I smiled as we walked to the backyard. When I reached Caleb, he gave me a small kiss and I smiled as we broke apart.

"So welcome to my place." Caleb said and I laughed as we walked up to his deck and I looked around.

"Nice deck, you live out here?" I asked and he laughed.

"Yep...the deck is what drew me in, the house was just a bonus." Caleb said and I laughed. He handed me a beer from the small cooler head had beside him and I smiled as he went back to cooking on the grill.

"You need any help with anything?" I asked walking up beside him. He smiled, turned his face to kiss the side of my head.

"Nope, you get to sit and relax." Caleb said and I smiled and walked over to one of the chairs at the table he had.

"So, I never did ask. What do you do for a living?" I asked and Caleb smiles at me.

"Construction worker." Caleb said and I looked at him and smiled.

"Explains the muscles." I said and we both laughed.

"Oh, you noticed those huh?" Caleb said in a sarcastic tone as he flexed and we laughed again.

"I did, especially with you in the short-sleeved shirt. I mean I have only ever seen you in jackets or long sleeves." I said.

"Had to keep somethings to mystery." Caleb said and I just shrugged.

"Really though? I mean I knew about your family before I knew you had muscles." I said and he chuckled.

"I care more about the family then I do my build." He said and I smiled at him.

"So, I have been meaning to ask, did you always want to do pottery?" Caleb asked as I took a drink from my beer and I shook my head.

"Heck no!" I said and we both chuckled. "I was all set to go into architecture, which is what my dad does and I was going to be a part of the family business. I had to take an elective in college to get some credits and I saw pottery. I figured it would be easy enough and I just fell in love. I quickly changed my major to art and design as well as business and here I am." I said and Caleb smiled.

"How did your dad react to you changing your major?" Caleb asked and I smiled.

"He was happy for me. He knew I wasn't cut out to sit behind a desk all day and just sketch out houses or companies. He is so proud of everything I have accomplished." I said and he smiled at me. He started taking the steaks off the grill with the veggies he grilled as well. He sat the plates down and then took the chair across from me.

"So, when did you open the shop?" Caleb asked.

"About 2 years ago now. I was working out of my basement for a long time and then finally the store front became available." I said.

"Well, I have told my whole family and all my friends about it. Your stuff is amazing." Caleb said and I blushed.

"Thank you. It really means a lot to get a lot of support." I said and Caleb smiled. Once we finished eating, I helped him clean up and take everything inside to the kitchen. He washed the dishes and I helped him dry them off. Once we were done, he took my hand and led me into the living room and sat on his couch, pulling me into his lap causing me to giggle.

"So, now what?" I asked and Caleb smiled at me. He took a hand and placed it on the back of my neck and pulled me down gently to kiss him. The kiss turned passionate and quickly. His tongue was skimming the opening of my lip and I opened easily giving him access. His hand slid down from my neck to my back and pulled me closer to him, making my body flush against his and I moaned in the kiss. As his lips moved to my neck, I felt his hand going up the back of my shirt. Before he could get any further the door opened.

"Uncle Caleb!" A little kid's voice yelled. Caleb and I didn't have a chance to move as we looked at the door as saw a kid standing there now having his eyes covered by an adult.

"Woah! Bro!" The man yelled and Caleb groaned. I easily got off Caleb's lap. Caleb was wiping the lip gloss from his lips and I smiled seeing the kid and someone else.

"Mason! I gave you the key for emergencies." Caleb said and he sighed.

"And this is one. I need to drop Justin off please." Mason said and then looked at me. "This her?" Mason asked and Caleb just shook his head in disbelief.

"Yeah, we ae having a date. Destiny, my brother Mason and nephew Justin." He said and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you." I said and he smiled.

"Well mom can't take him. Please, I see now it's date night but I'm desperate." Mason said and Caleb groaned.

"We would love to have him. In fact, I have something in my car we could all work on. Give me a minute." I said and Caleb smiled as I kissed his cheek. I walked outside and grabbed the box of molding clay I used to practice with when I wanted to make something and some paint. I brought it in the house.

"What is it?" Caleb asked.

"Molding clay and paint. Justin can make something and then we put them in your oven to harden." I said and Caleb smiled as Justin got super excited.

"Alright well here is his overnight bag and I will be by in the morning to get him." Mason said and Caleb nodded. Once Mason was gone, I looked at Caleb.

"Why don't you get him in a shirt you don't mind getting dirty and I will get us set up at the table in the kitchen." I said and Caleb nodded. Before he could walk away, he pulled me close to him.

"I'm sorry about this." Caleb said and I shook my head.

"It's fine Caleb. I don't mind. Now go get him changed." I said giving him a small kiss and he walked upstairs with Justin.

I had to admit I was a little happy for the interruption. Caleb is great and everything but tonight could have gone a lot further than I planned and I didn't think I was there yet. I should have been since it had been a while but there was something holding me back from wanting to get there with Caleb. What was holding me back?