14 - Good to Know

It had been two weeks and I was arriving in London. I hadn't talked to Caleb much since we had our conversation about me not being ready to move on. I wasn't sure what was holding me back, I had talked myself out of it being Henry, I didn't know Henry well enough to feel this way.

I shut myself off from everyone except Eve who insisted on called every other day to make sure I was still coming. She told me she was just nervous. She wanted to talk about Caleb since I was holding her off on that whole situation.

She told me she was going to be picking me up at the gate and she was so excited to see me. I started to disembark the plane and just wanted to wrap my friend in the hug. I walked down the tunnel quickly so I could just get to my friend.

Once I got off the plane, I started looked around at everyone waiting to pick up people and Eve was nowhere to be seen. I sighed as my cellphone vibrated in my hand.

EVE: I wasn't able to get there to get you but someone is there to pick you up.

I looked and still saw no one I knew.

HENRY: I can see you, but you can't see me.

I smiled and started looking around. I saw him standing the back of the crowd and I smiled at him. I rushed over to him. I got so excited to see him and not on a phone screen that I wrapped my arms around his neck to hug him, he quickly accepted wrapping his arms around me and lifted me up.

"You're picking me up?!" I asked excited as she put me down and he nodded.

"Well to be completely honest I was already here. I just got in too and Eve asked if I would come and pick you up. She wasn't able to get here." Henry said and I nodded.

"Right...were you summoned here too?" I asked. He looked at me oddly.

"Summoned? Were you really summoned?" Henry asked and I smiled and sighed.

"I mean yes and no. She asked me to come with two weeks' notice so I had to work everything out, especially with the store." I said and Henry sighed but gave a small nod.

"Well, you are here now and I'm sure the shop is fine." Henry said and I sighed. It was 9am now in London so I knew I had awhile until the store opened. I looked up at Henry and smiled.

"What?"

"The hair has grown out." I said and he looked at me and gave a small laugh.

"And you have seen it on our chats." Henry said and I nodded.

"I have but I wasn't able to do this..." I said reaching up as best I could and played with his hair. He laughed and he then grabbed my hand and pulled it away from him. We laughed and I linked my arm in his as we walked through the airport to baggage claim.

"Are you staying with Daniel and Eve?" Henry asked and I nodded.

"Yeah she is so excited for me to stay with them. I didn't really get to see the place when I was here for the wedding. I mean I was at the hotel, wedding, reception, hotel then home." I said.

"Don't forget the pub." Henry said with a smile and I just rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah, the pub...Harry." I said smirking up at him. We reached baggage claim as all the bags started coming around and I saw my suitcase. I went to grab it but Henry reached down and got it for me.

"I could have gotten it..." I said and he shook his head.

"Well, I got it first." Henry said and we headed outside to his waiting car. He opened the door for me and I got in as the driver took our bags and Henry followed me in the car.

"You sure you don't mind taking me to Daniel and Eve's? I mean I don't want to take you out of your way." I said and he shook his head.

"No, Daniel invited me over for brunch with them since I just got into town. So we are both hanging out a little bit longer. You okay with that?" Henry asked and I smiled looking at him.

"I'm perfectly happy with that." I said and he smiled. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket where I had put it and I pulled it out.

CALEB: Did you make it safely?

DEZI: Yeah, did you really wake up at 4am to make sure I made it?

CALEB: I have to be on the job sight by 5:30 this morning so I was getting up anyway.

My heart sank slightly. I wasn't sure as to why but I mean he didn't have to add the part about work and maybe lied to me a little.

DEZI: Oh well, have a good day at work and stay safe.

"Everything okay?" Henry said and I looked out the window as I put my phone away. I then sighed and nodded.

"Perfect. Just things at home are confusing. The time away will do me some good." I said and looked back at Henry giving a small smile.

"Are you home sick already? It's not that bad here." Henry said and we both laughed.

"No way! I think if anything I'm happy to be away from home. I just need a break from normal life." I said and Henry nodded.

"Well we will do what we can to keep your mind open." Henry said and I smiled.

"We?" I asked.

"Eve, Daniel...me even. You okay to go out with just me sometimes?" Henry asked.

"You asking me on another date Henry?" I asked with a small smile and he shrugged.

"If I was...?" Henry asked.

"Then I think this time around I would accept." I said.

Henry looked forward and smiled.

"Good to know..." Henry said and we both went silent.