33 - Long Distance

I had been home for a couple of days but things were tense, getting back to work and everything. I also hadn't heard from Henry since I got on the plane to come back home. I mean I had gotten a couple texts and things like that but he was working a lot more and having a lot of night shoots. The shop had been closed for hours and I was staying after closing to get some special orders worked on and stock caught up on.

Ron had done an amazing job while I was gone with keeping up on stock but I didn't have a choice, I needed to keep busy. I had music playing over the speakers since I was alone and was just in a zone working on painting some pots. As I was painting my cellphone started going off with a facetime and I sighed looking to see it was Henry. I set up the phone and answered.

"Hey." I said as I continued to paint, not looking at the phone.

"Dezi, are you still working?!" Henry asked upset.

"I needed to get some work done and I have a lot of pent-up emotional energy." I said and Henry sighed.

"Baby, you need sleep."

"No what I need is -..." I trailed off and then stopped myself from saying anything.

"What you need is what Dez?" Henry asked and I groaned. I put my paintbrush down.

"Nothing Henry, don't worry about it." I said and I saw he was in costume.

"Are you still filming?" I asked.

"It's a new day here for us Dez. It's 7am here." Henry said and I groaned knowing it was 2am where I was. I hadn't even been paying attention.

"Have you been taking care of yourself?" Henry asked and I shrugged, going back to painting.

"I've been eating when I get off and been getting a couple hours of sleep a night." I said and Henry sighed and I could tell he is walking to set.

"Just because I'm not around you doesn't mean you don't get to take care of yourself." Henry said.

"You think this is all about you?" I asked and Henry looked at me shocked.

"Excuse me?" Henry asked.

"Well you think it's all about you. Did you ever think that maybe I'm a little stressed because I don't know what to do with my life anymore?" I asked and Henry looked at me confused.

"I don't understand..." Henry said and I groaned.

"That's just it! You don't get it! Henry, when I was in Ireland with you or even when I'm anywhere with you I feel relaxed, I feel better and alive. When I come back home I don't feel like that anymore. I feel like the shop is pointless, I feel like I won't be able to survive if I can't be near you or touch you." I said and Henry sighed.

"I feel the same way when you leave too." Henry said.

"Also, the minute you are done filming it's not like you can just come and visit me and be with me, staying the night, going home when you get tired of me...me going to your place to spend time with you. I mean to do that you would have to get on a plane and then I would have to get on a plane..." I trailed off.

"We knew this would be hard..." Henry said and I could tell he was on set but went into a room for privacy.

"We did." I said, putting down the paint brush and ran my hands through my hands.

"Dezi, you're scaring me. We're okay right?" Henry asked and I nodded.

"I think I'm just tired and wearing myself thin." I said and Henry sighed but gave a small nod.

"Go home and go to bed. Do you work during the day?" Henry asked and I just looked at him.

"I own the shop Henry." I said.

"So you're working?" Henry asked and I nodded. "Can you try to go home at a decent hour?" Henry asked and I smiled. I gave a small nod. He sighed.

"I miss you. My bed smells like you and it's making me miss you horribly." Henry said and I laughed.

"Yeah well all of my stuff in my suitcase smells like you." I said and he smiled with a wink.

"Henry?!" I heard someone yell for him and I smiled knowing who it was. Henry opened the door to where he was.

"Hey, someone thought they saw you walk down this way." Jonathan said.

"I had to make a call..." Henry said and showed Jonathan the screen.

"Dezi!" He said super excited.

"Hey! I miss you guys!" I said and he took the phone from Henry.

"Hey!" Henry said and was following him.

"We miss you too. Mostly because this boyfriend of yours is like a lost puppy without you." Jonathan said and I laughed. He then looked at me, then back at Henry.

"Is she still at work?" Jonathan asked and Henry nodded. "You need to be in bed young lady! King Henry commands it." Jonathan said and I laughed.

"Sorry King Henry, I'm not under your rule." I said and he laughed shaking his head. He then got outside and motioned for someone. I saw Natalie come into frame.

"Dezi!! Oh sweet girl! Come back to Ireland!" Natalie begged and I sighed.

"I would if I could, why don't y'all come to me." I said and they laughed.

"Booking flights now!" Jonathan said and I laughed. Henry took his phone back, Jonathan and Natalie blew kisses and they walked away.

"What about you? You booking a flight?" I asked and he sighed.

"Once I am done filming I will be at your place, in your bed, not letting you sleep for a whole other reason." Henry said and I moaned closing my eyes.

"Can't wait..." I said.

"Okay I have to go. Text me when you get home..." Henry said and I nodded.

"I will I want to finish this vase, I'm almost done and then I will go home." I said and Henry sighed but nodded.

"I love you." Henry said.

"I love you too." I said and we blew each other a kiss and I hung up.

Once I got off the phone I just sighed and put my head in my hands.

Long distance, we knew it would be hard but did I know it would be this hard?