19 - Practice Date

Once we got off The London Eye we stopped in a small pub for lunch. Once lunch was over we headed to St. James Park. As we walked the park, I linked my arm in his and leaned into him.

"So, how is everything back home?" Henry asked.

"You talk to me almost every day, I tell you how things are." I said and he laughed shaking his head.

"Not what I mean. I don't mean work or anything...I mean..." Henry trailed off and I knew exactly what he was saying. I panicked, I didn't know how to answer this question. I sighed knowing some form of the truth would work.

"Well, there was one guy..." I said and Henry tensed in my grip.

"And?" Henry asked.

"And what? There was a guy we went on a few dates. Nothing serious." I said.

Shouldn't I feel bad for lying, I didn't feel anything, I didn't feel bad at all. I know now I needed to talk to Caleb about being together. Something was happening here. Was it wrong to break up over the phone though? Maybe just tell him we needed to talk when I get home. Telling him we needed to talk was as good as breaking up right?

"Dezi?" Henry asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, sorry...what?" I asked and he smiled down at me.

"I asked if you were okay, you seemed to be lost in thought." Henry said and I sighed.

"Just thinking about how perfect today has been. I haven't had this much fun traveling around seeing places in forever. I don't think I have ever done anything like this." I said and Henry smiled down at me. He leaned down to kiss my cheek, but we were stopped when 2 girls came running up to Henry.

"Can we please have your autograph?" The one girl asked shyly. Henry smiled at me and I released his arm and moved off to the side. He signed whatever they had and then took a picture with them. Once they were gone, I walked back to him and linked my arm in his again.

"That happen a lot?" I asked and he sighed.

"It can...honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened more today." Henry said and I smiled.

"That has to be annoying sometimes, right? I mean you aren't able to go anywhere." I said and Henry shrugged.

"I mean yeah but sometimes it's harder on people I'm with. They sometimes can't seem to stand always being photographed with me..." Henry said and I scrunched up my nose remembering the night at the pub.

"Like a certain mystery girl from a pub." I said and Henry chuckled.

"Yes, like her." Henry said and I leaned my head on his upper arm as we walked. He was too damn tall, this was all I could reach.

"You tired?" Henry asked and I shook my head lifting it.

"Nope. Just like I said enjoying today. I kind of don't want it to end." I said and Henry smiled.

"Well, we have to take the tube one more place and its where we end the day but I'm kind of planning it just right for something." Henry said and I smiled at him and shook my head.

"You're acting like this is a date." I said and Henry shrugged.

"Why can't it be?" Henry asked as I stopped walking and just looked at me.

"So, this was our first official date?" I asked.

"Sure..." Henry said and I laughed shaking my head.

"A girl likes to be asked on an actual date Cavill, not under the assumption they are just hanging out." I said and he smiled.

"Well okay today could be a pre-date or practice date if you will..." Henry said and I smiled with a nod.

"Sounds good." I said and he smiled. He looked at his watch and smiled.

"Okay we need to head to the tube to get to the next and final stop." Henry said and I nodded as we walked back out of the park the way we came.

"So, I was meaning to ask you...what ever happened with the pictures of us from the pub? I mean they made the paper and everything."

"Nothing, the news died out by the next day." Henry said and I nodded.

"Well not for me. Everywhere I went while I was here I was noticed." I said and Henry sighed.

"I'm sorry Dezi, if I had known..." Henry trailed off and I shook my head.

"It's fine. I didn't let it bother me." I said and Henry smiled. We made it down to the platform to wait for the tube and Henry looked around.

"Fun fact, did you know in World War two people used to sleep down here to take cover from all the bombings." Henry said and I looked at him in a little amazement.

"Wow, you pulled that out of your arse." I said and Henry laughed.

"Things we learn in school over here." Henry said and I smiled as he reached over with his free hand and moved a piece of hair that came loose from my ponytail out of my face.

"I don't think I have ever seen you with your hair fully up before. I like it." Henry said and I smiled.

"Thank you although I think it's been up during a few facetimes." I said as the tube arrived and Henry thought about it.

"Maybe but it was a messy bun, this is different." Henry said and I smiled. We found 2 open seats, so we sat down. We rode in silence to the next destination which out stop was right outside where we wanted to be and I looked up at the tall building.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"Do you trust me?" Henry asked and I nodded.

"Of course." I said and we headed inside, got on some elevators and headed to the top floor. It was all windows and I was in shock by the view. "Henry, this view..." I said and he smiled at me as I walked to on the windows and looked out. He was right behind me again.

"You like it?" Henry asked and I looked at the sunsetting.

"Perfect ending to a perfect day." I said and Henry came up beside me.

"No quite yet." Henry said. I turned to look at him as he was facing me, standing beside me.

"Henry..." I whispered and he just shook his head slightly. He gently placed his hand on my cheek, leaned down and I felt his lips skim mine and then hesitate. I closed my eyes loving just that feeling. Henry then fully placed his lips on mine. He moved his hand from my check to the back of my neck to hold me to him and I placed my hands on his sides, gripping the jacket he was wearing, holding on to anything to tether me to earth.

I wasn't sure how long this man had been kissing me when he pulled away and placed his forehead on mine. I was scared to open my eyes that it would all be a dream.

"I'm sorry Dezi, I have been wanting to do that since I picked you up from the airport. It was long overdue, it should have kissed you that night at the pub." Henry said and I finally opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Henry...it was long overdue." I said and he smiled leaning in and passionately kissing me again.