13 - Unsure

I was working in the shop a few weeks after the date with Caleb that got interrupted. He had been busy working, his company won a bid on a building and they were working long hours since there was a horrendous deadline. Tonight though, tonight I was going to get to see him. We were going to the bar we had our first date at since the band that was there the first time was back.

I had earbuds in and I was having a good time when a facetime came through my phone, it was Eve. I quickly cleaned my hands off and then answered the call.

"Hey you." I said and she smiled.

"Hey. Sorry, I forgot you're working." Eve said and I shook my head.

"I needed a break anyway, I can't get this one piece to work out." I said and she smiled.

"Well I was wondering if you would be willing to come and see me in about 2 weeks." Eve asked and I just sighed and looked at her.

"Eve..." I said and she looked upset.

"Please...I miss you! Daniel misses you. We want to see you." Eve said and I groaned.

"Fine...any specific day you want me in town?" I asked and she smiled getting giddy.

"Daniel she is coming!" Eve announced.

"Good! Cant wait!" Daniel said and I smiled.

"Seriously. When do you want me to fly in? I need to prepare." I said.

"And tell the boyfriend." She whispered and I glared at her. "Oh please don't tell me its over." Eve said and I shook my head.

"No, just a little complicated..." I said and she sighed getting up from where she was and went into a room shutting the door.

"What's complicated?" Eve asked.

"He's ready to sleep together..."

"Okay...and?"

"I'm not." I said and Eve just looked at me a little shocked.

"What?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm just not there with him. I don't feel that connection with him yet. Yeah the making out is fun but there is something missing." I said.

"Don't string him along Dezi. If you don't feel it, end it." Eve said and I nodded.

"I know, I know...maybe I should just sleep with him to see if I feel it..." I said and Eve shook her head in disbelief.

"Don't be an idiot. Listen just come to London in a few weeks, relax, see me and just don't deal with it." Eve said and I smiled.

"Gladly. Now I asked one final and last time before I say I'm not coming. What day should I get into town?" I asked.

"Two weeks from today. Gives you a full day to rest, then we hit the ground running on Saturday." Eve said and I looked at her oddly.

"Hit the ground running?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I plan on taking you everywhere." Eve said and I laughed.

"Okay fine, I will book a morning flight. I will let you know my flight info soon." I said and she smiled.

"I get my bestie in London! I can't wait." Eve said and I smiled.

We soon got off the phone since I needed to close up and get ready for my date with Caleb. I would have to tell him about London tonight and I wasn't sure how well that was going to go over.

🌫🌫🌫

Caleb picked me up and we headed to the bar. We sat at the table we had on our first date and then ordered some food.

"So I need to talk to you..." I said.

"What's going on?"

"Two weeks from today I'm going out of town. Not sure for how long but I'm going to London. My friend, Eve, she wants me to come into town. She really misses me." I said and Caleb sighed.

"I don't know if I can get off work..." Caleb said and I looked at him oddly.

"No Caleb, I was planning on going alone. She wants to see me. I don't know how throwing the boyfriend into the mix will work." I said and he sighed.

"I mean I will eventually get to meet her right. I mean I feel like I havent met anyone." Caleb said and I sighed.

"Caleb, I only met your brother and nephew on a whim because you had to watch Justin. I have yet to meet anyone else." I said and he groaned.

"Fine, before you leave. We can do a dinner with my family." Caleb said and I ran my hands through my hair.

"I don't want a forced dinner just because I'm going out of town. We can do it when I get back. I don't look to be gone that long honestly." I said and Caleb sighed. He grabbed one of my hands that was on the table.

"Okay, okay...just call me while you are there?" Caleb said and I nodded with a smile.

"Of course I will." I said and he smiled. Our food was soon brought to us and we ate in a comfortable silence. We danced to a few songs, but I could tell Caleb wasn't into this after the news I dropped and I sighed.

"You want to get out of here?" I asked and he nodded. We went back to my place and I invited him inside. We sat on the couch and instantly started making out. This is what usually happened when we were alone at each other's house. Caleb gently started to push me down on the couch, we positioned ourselves to where he was between my legs and I moaned in the kiss as his tongue invaded my mouth. Soon he was moving his lips to my neck.

"Should we...move this...to...you...room?" Caleb asked peppering kisses along my neck and shoulder as he said this.

"Caleb...I don't know..." I said and he groaned and sat up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up to sit up with him.

"Dezi, what the hell is going on?" Caleb asked and I sighed.

"I don't know Caleb, I'm sorry." I said.

"Listen, I don't want to force you and I would never force you but we get to this point and then you back off and close off." Caleb said and I sighed placing my head in my hands.

"Caleb, I don't know what the problem is honestly. I know you're ready and I don't want to keep pushing you away but I'm just not there." I said. I looked up at Caleb and he wasn't even looking at me.

"Is there someone else?" Caleb asked. I just looked at him. Not in disbelief or not in annoyance that he would ask. It was in confusion, more for me than anything else.

"What? No." I said.

"You seem unsure." Caleb said.

"Caleb, I swear there is no one else. Who else would there be? I spend all my time with you or at the shop." I said and he groaned.

"Well, I don't know but somethings just aren't setting well right now and I'm just going to go."

"Caleb..." I said following him to the door. He opened it but turned around and kissed me on my cheek.

"Let me know when you figure out what's going on." Caleb said and walked out. I just shut the door when I saw him pull away and I groaned.

I sat on my couch and thought about what Caleb said. There wasn't anyone else, I had no time for anyone else. As I was contemplating why I could move forward my cellphone went off and it was a video from Henry and he was on the set of Tudors practicing a sword fight and then looked at the camera.

"They gave me a weapon!" Henry said and I just laughed and grinned like a goofy teenager with a crush. Then I shook my head.

"Such a dork." I said and put my phone on the coffee table. I then gasped. "No! It can't be!" I said and laid on my couch with a pillow over my face. "No, no, no, no, no. Not Henry!"