21 - Looking For You

I was standing looking in Eve's closet trying to find something for my date with Henry.

"So where is he taking you?" Eve asked sitting on the bed and I shrugged.

"Not sure, he said he would handle it, asked me to dress nicely and that was the last communication I had with him. I don't even know what nicely means..." I said and Eve laughed getting up and coming to the closet. She pulled out a black dress with roses all over it that would be form fitting and I smiled at her.

 She pulled out a black dress with roses all over it that would be form fitting and I smiled at her

"Thats beautiful." I said and then I noticed the price tag on it. "Have you got to wear it yet?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No..." Eve said and I just looked at her. "It needs to get worn, I wont be able to wear it for a while." Eve said and I just eyed her suspiciously.

"Eve...is there something you want to tell me?" I asked with a smile. She sighed and nodded.

"I need you to act surprised at the dinner we are planning to have soon." Eve said and I squealed and hugged her.

"I will be surprised! I'm so excited!" I said and she smiled. "I'm going to be the best auntie ever!" I said and she laughed.

"You are, even though you will be an ocean away." Eve said and I groaned.

"Don't start. I could still move here." I said and she smiled.

"Especially if tonight goes well..." Eve said. "Did you ever talk to Caleb?" Eve asked changing the subject as I sat at the vanity in her room to do my make up and hair.

"I text him to call me but he never did." I said and she sighed.

"You calling it quits?" Eve asked and I nodded.

"I am. I feel so much more with Henry after one actual day out than I ever did with Caleb." I said and she gave a small smile.

"Well just make sure to clear everything up with Caleb before you and Henry go too far." Eve said and I nodded.

"I will, don't worry. I mean this is just dinner." I said and smiled at her.

🌫 🌫 🌫

Henry picked me up for our date and I smiled at him as we drove. Once we pulled in a driveway to a house I looked at him oddly.

"Where are we?" I asked and Henry waggled his eyebrows at me with a chuckle and then rushed around to open my door. Once he helped me out of the car he walked to the front door of this house and unlocked it. "Henry...are we at your house?" I asked and he nodded.

"We are, I figured it's the most private I could get us." Henry said and I smiled and then looked at our dinner attire.

"Then why did I have to get dressed up, you as well." I said pointing to his white button up with the top few buttons undone and his grey dress slacks. Henry smiled at me as he walked us to the kitchen and pulled a stool out for me from the kitchen island.