6 - The Park

It was my last day in London and I just wanted to get out of the hotel so I went to the local coffee shop, ordered the largest London Fog I could get, damn you Eve, went to the local park with my book I brought and sat on a bench to relax and enjoy the day and people watching.

I finished my drink and was just reading when someone came up and stood in front of me.

"You're still in town?" The voice said and I smiled seeing Tim and a girl standing there.

"Yeah, last day just decided it was a nice day so got a drink and my book and enjoying the park." I said and he smiled.

"Oh Abby, this is Destiny, she was maid of honor in the wedding." Tim said and I smiled at her and she gripped his arm that she was holding a little tighter, she clearly knew who I was.

"Nice to meet you, Abby. You have a great guy." I said and she smiled.

"I was an idiot and let him go once, I won't be doing that again." She said and I smiled.

"Well, you two are amazing together." I said.

"Well have a safe flight back home tomorrow and come visit us again soon, yeah?" Tim asked and I nodded.

"You guys have my best friend now, so I plan on being here a lot." I said and Tim laughed. With one final wave from both, they walked away. I went back to reading my book and sighed. This was a relaxing, this is what I needed after hitting the ground running since I got into town.

After a few hours of people watching and reading it was time to go. I needed to be up early tomorrow to get to the airport. As I was getting ready to go, I heard a dog barking as it came running up to me. He seemed to have broken free from his owner since his leash was trailed behind him. I groaned and as it went to past, I lunged and caught the leash. The dog stopped running and I sighed.

"Sit." I said and he listened. I let him sniff my hand and he started panting once he did and I knew I was safe. I looked at his tag and saw a number. I pulled out my cellphone and started to call it.

"COOPER!" I heard someone yelling and I looked at the dog's name.

"Looking for you huh?" I asked and the dog barked. I sighed and stood up from crouching down. Once I stood up, I saw someone come running up and I groaned.

"Cooper!" Henry said and I sighed. He then looked at me.

"Your dog?" I asked and he shook his head.

"My parents dog. They went away on holiday." Henry said as I handed over the leash.

"So, your dog sitting?" I asked and he nodded.

"I am, I thought you would be back in America by now. I mean Eve left already." Henry said and I groaned.

"I know that, I was taking a few days off. The shop is in good hands and I haven't had a vacation in a few years, so I deserve one." I said and Henry half nodded.

"So, when do you leave?" Henry asked.

"Want me out of London that bad?" I asked turning to walk away but he rushed up to walk beside me.

"No, that's not what I mean..." Henry said and I huffed a laugh.

"It's fine Henry, calm down." I said and he groaned.

"You like watching me squirm."

"I do, it's fun." I said and he sighed.

"Listen, I know you think I'm a jerk and I never wanted that to be the case. That night at the bar, it could have gone over so much better and I ruined that. I do feel bad. I wanted to talk to you so much about it and then the reception happened. I planned on that conversation going so much better than it did, but you were angry still." Henry said and I sighed.

"I don't want to be angry anymore, it's a waste of time and energy." I said. I was then I noticed he was walking towards my hotel with me. I mean I knew we had been walking but I wasn't paying attention.

"So, we can call a truce?" Henry asked and I sighed.

"I have nothing to call a truce for, but you could apologize for being an arse." I said putting on a fake accent and laughed hysterically.

"Okay, I think that's only fair. I'm sorry I was an arse." Henry said and I smiled at him.

"Apology accepted." I said and he gave a small nod.

"So, since you have accepted my apology, I would still love to make it up to up. Would you like to go out to dinner tonight?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I asked and I saw him blush dropping his gaze to the ground.

"I am." Henry said and I sighed.

"That's very sweet of you and thank you for the invitation but I don't think so. Henry, you were such a sweet guy at the bar that night...before you left me...but I just want to keep that memory of you in my mind and got back home tomorrow. Also, I don't really want to do super long distance if it turned out to work. It worked for Eve and Daniel, but I would like to see my boyfriend more than a few days every few months." I said with a small smile and he huffed a laugh and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point. I would like to see my girlfriend too." Henry said and I smiled. I looked at Cooper and petted his head.

"Stop running from him. He isn't too bad of a guy." I said and Cooper licked my hand. I stood back up straight, and I looked at Henry.

"Hug?" He asked and I laughed but nodded. He wrapped me in a hug. I hated to admit how good this felt and I didn't want him to let me go. Once we finally broke apart, he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

"Nice meeting you Destiny." He said and I smiled.

"It's Dezi." I said and Henry chuckled. "Nice meeting you too Harry." I said with a small laugh and walked inside the hotel. Once inside I took a look back and saw him still standing there and he gave a small wave and I returned it. He walked away with the dog and I groaned as I walked to the elevator.

Time to go home and back to normal life.