25 - Finding Henry

It had been a few days since Caleb showed up and we officially broke up, in turn Henry left as well and I hadn't heard from him at all. I called him a few times to no answer, unread texts. I didn't want to push too much, I knew I did this...I fucked everything up.

I was leaning against the headboard on the bed reading Sherlock when there was a knock on the open door.

"Hey." I said seeing Daniel.

"You okay?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I mean..." I didn't answer and just shrugged.

"You havent heard from Henry?" Daniel asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm pretty sure I fucked that up. I just wish I had a chance to tell him I did try and end it with Caleb a few times before Henry and I got serious but I will never get that chance and its over." I said and Daniel said. Before he spoke up he pulled out his phone and sighed.

"Eve is fighting some horrible morning sickness, she wants me to get you out of the house and mind off of Henry. You want to go get some coffee or something?" Daniel said and I nodded getting off of the bed, setting my book down.

We told Eve we were leaving and she just stayed in bed and we left.

After we got in the car and were driving I noticed Daniel was driving the opposite way of town.

"Where are we going?" I asked and Daniel didn't say anything. "Daniel?!"

"Listen, Henry is heartbroken but I also know how he can be and when he is hurt he shuts people out. I don't want him shutting you out. I know where he is right now and I'm taking you to him." Daniel said and I just shook my head.

"Please don't...he doesn't want to see me. I know he doesn't." I said and Daniel just shook his head.

"No, he needs to talk to you. You may have made a few mistakes but he isn't perfect either." Daniel said and I groaned.

"Daniel please...I hurt him, I lied..."

"You didn't though, you tried ending it all with Caleb. Eve told me you showed her the text messages. I don't know what else you could have said to him to make him see you were done." Daniel said and I just sighed with a shrug.

"So you are taking me to Henry because this isn't even the way to his house." I said and Daniel shook his head.

"It's not, you're right. He isn't home." Daniel said and I sighed.

"Will you wait for me wherever we go? In case he doesn't want to see me." I said and Daniel nodded.

"I plan on staying while you both talk and I will leave when you both tell me to." Daniel said and I smiled. He then handed me a travel mug from the cup holder and I laughed.

"So this is the coffee you promised." I said and he nodded.

"I did say we would get coffee." Daniel said and I laughed.

The rest of the drive was pretty silent except for my heart racing and the sound of the car.

We finally pulled into a farm out in the countryside and I looked at Daniel.

"What the hell?" I asked and Daniel sighed.

"Henry is here, trust me." Daniel said.

"I think you brought me here to kill me." I said and Daniel laughed.

"I didn't I swear. He is really here." Daniel said and stopped by a barn. "He's in there." Daniel said pointing.

"He know I'm coming?" I asked and Daniel shook his head and I sighed. I took a few deep breaths and then got out of the car. "You arent leaving right?" I verified before I shut the door and Daniel shook his head.

"Not until you two tell me to go." Daniel said and I gave a small smile. I closed the care door and then walked in the open barn door. I looked down the isle of stales and saw horses and I smiled. Henry was standing about halfway down petting a horse. I sighed and walked towards him. As I approached he looked up and sighed.

"I know you probably don't want to see me..." I said.

"How did you find me?"

"You forget I'm staying with Daniel...he knew you were here." I said and he groaned.

"Yeah he knows where I go when I'm upset." Henry said.

"This your farm?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, I just come and see the horses. This is mine." Henry said and I smiled. I got a little closer.

"Can I pet it?" I asked and he nodded. He took my hand and I felt my breath hitch but he placed it on the horses nose and I then removed his hand from mine and I ran my hand down his nose a few times.

"Was anything with me real?" Henry as I was petting the horse. I just looked at him.

"Of course it was! Henry, when we started talking while I was at home I really thought it was friendship. It bloomed into something more before I even knew it. I had feelings for you." I said.

"And Caleb?" Henry asked with a sound if distain.

"I thought I could try something with him. I never felt with him like I do even when I just talk to you on the phone or on facetime. Henry you mean more to me than I ever thought you would. I tried ending it with Caleb a few times and he wouldn't take the hint. I can show you the messages, I can do whatever you want..." I said as I felt my eyes well, he wasn't even looking at me and this was killing me.

"Do you know why I called you all the time? Why I facetimed you all the time?" Henry asked and I shook my head even though I really did know the answer.

"Because I cared about you! I had feelings for you! The night when we met I could see us having fun and maybe trying to continue whatever we had. I fucked that and I know that. Then you were stubborn but I was will to accept that it would take time to win you back. I got you back though and I was so happy. I know I should have maybe told you I was interested in trying with you but I was hoping to talk to you about that in person. Then you come to London and I knew I have my chance. Do you know I asked to pick you up at the airport? My flight landed 3 hours before yours but I wanted to pick you up. Eve said she couldn't make it as part of the plan." Henry said and I looked at the barn floor gently kicking some hay around.

"Henry..."

"You jumped in my arms and I knew I had you, you were in my arms, you were in my area, I had you! I was going to make this work with you, you agreed to go out with me on our adventure day. When I kissed you that night I put everything I had been feeling for you into the kiss, I felt it back from you but now come to find out you had a boyfriend at home in America. We had an amazing night and morning on our date, yet you had a boyfriend. I was played Destiny! I was played by someone I didn't think would ever hurt me." Henry said and the tears that welled began to fall.

"I tried Henry, I tried breaking up with him. He even said in a text he knew what was coming and not to say it but I told him if he knew to just accept it. I wanted to be with you. It's you Henry, I was an idiot to deny the feelings. I know we have something special." I said. Henry didn't say anything and just looked at the horse. "Henry please say something..." I begged when he was silent for a few minutes.

"Just go Destiny. Go back to Daniel and Eves, go back to America, just go please."

"Henry please..."

"Go Destiny!" Henry said slightly raising his voice. I just started openly crying and looked at Henry. I gave the horse one final stroke down the nose and then sighed.

"Take care of him." I said and walked out of the barn. I got to Daniels car and got in.

"Can we please go?" I asked wiping the tears away that had falling.

"Dezi..."

"Please Daniel, just go." I said and he nodded, starting up the car and leaving the barn in the rearview mirror.