4 - The Explanation

I was sitting at the head table at the reception next to Eve.

"He keeps looking at you." Eve said subtly and I looked subtly to see him watching me.

"Well, he can keep looking. He is getting nowhere with me." I said and she groaned.

"Let him explain." Daniel said leaning forward to see us.

"Explain what? How he lied about his name? Why he just left me?" I asked.

"He lied about his name?" Eve asked and I nodded.

"Told me it was Harry." I said.

"Harry is a nickname for Henry here." Daniel said.

"You people are weird." I said and we all laughed.

"Just talk to him." Eve said and then we stopped talking about it.

After a little bit of time, it was time for maid of honor and best man speeches. Microphones were brought to the table. Kyle and I were both handed one and I looked at Kyle.

"Go ahead." I said and he nodded.

Kyle gave his speech about growing up with Daniel and everything. He got a few laughs and I smiled when he was done raising my glass for his toast.

I hated public speaking, but I would do this for Eve. I took a deep breath.

"I knew Eve and I would be friends from the day we met in third grade when I gave her half my grape peanut butter and jelly sandwich because her mom made her sandwich with smooth peanut butter and not crunchy like my mom did. From that moment on she has been the one constant in my life and always there for me. When she met Daniel, I thought I would be replaced, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it, but he fit right into our craziness and never tried to keep us apart. Daniel, I give her to you now...she is yours to take care of, watch over, make her crunchy peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches and be the best husband she deserves. Don't worry I will be around and checking in." I said and everyone laughed. "I love you both and I'm so happy for you." I said and we all toasted. Eve stood up and hugged me, as did Daniel.

I sat back down and everyone started trickling on to the dance floor to have a good time. I would be there soon I just wanted something harder than the champagne we were drinking.

I walked to the bar and waited for the bartender. As he approached me, he placed a glass of whiskey in front of me.

"Uh...I didn't order yet..." I trailed off.

"I was informed when the maid of honor came to the bar to bring you this by a gentleman." He answered and I sighed. I knew exactly who and I wanted to refuse the drink, but it was what I was going to order.

"Can you dump this out and get me a glass of the same thing?" I asked.

"But-..."

"Please." I said. He sighed, rolling his eyes but did what I asked. I didn't want to accept anything from Henry, so I needed my own drink. Once it was handed back to me, I smiled. "Thank you." I said and walked away from the bar.

Someone came up behind me quickly, took the drink from my hand setting his down, then took my hand and pulled me out to the empty hallway. He pinned me against the wall and a glared at this man annoyed.

"You had him pour the drink out?" Henry asked.

"You had no right to order me that. Nothing said I was going to go to the bar anyway." I said.

"You hated the champagne. I could tell by your face."

"And how do you know my hate face?"

"Because it's the look you have been shooting me all night, but I need to explain somethings." Henry said and I shook my head and went to leave but he put his hand against the wall stopping me from walking away.

"Please...talk to me." Henry begged.

"2 minutes." I said.

"Thank you."

"Why did you tell me your name was Harry?" I asked.

"Because it's a nickname for Henry and honestly I didn't know if you would notice me."

"Notice you? I didn't even know you were somebody until the next day with the paper!" I said annoyed.

"I didn't know that and you didn't exactly ask what I did for a living."

"And if you lied about your name, would you have lied about your career and life?!" I asked and just hung his head.

"I don't know."

"Then you just left me! I went to the restroom and was gone for maybe 5 minutes! You were gone!" I said annoyed.

"The group of friends I was with pulled me away and out. They were ready to go and were waiting for me to be free of you, so they didn't leave me." Henry said and I scoffed.

"Free of me?!" I asked pissed off and he groans.

"Their words, not mine." Henry said and I sighed.

"And what did you think? Didn't you tell them to wait 5 minutes?!" I asked and he just sighed, giving me my answer.

"Dezi, please..." Henry said.

"It's Destiny. Also, Mister Cavill I think we are done here. Your 2 minutes are up and they really didn't help your case. I hope your PR person can handle the situation with you and the mystery girl because I am tired of being watched everywhere I go." I said and he sighed as I walked away. I walked back to the bar got another drink and then headed back to the head table to sit and just sulk the rest of the night.

I saw Henry come back and go up to Daniel and Eve to talk and they all looked at me. I just rolled my eyes. I got up and saw one of the groomsmen I knew was single.

"Hey Tim. You want to dance?" I asked and he nodded offering me his hand as we headed to the dance floor.

We danced for a little bit and was very close with the man. The grinding, the rubbing, the flirting I knew my plan was working because Henry looked like his head was about to explode. I smiled at Tim as we danced.

"Do you want to get out of here? Go back to my hotel room?" I asked and Tim smiled with a nod. I walked over to Eve and kissed her cheek and Daniels.

"I'm heading out." I said.

"Giving Henry a chance?" Daniel asked as Tim walked back up after getting his stuff and I took his hand.

"Nope, trying something new." I said and Eve groaned.

"Dezi..." Eve trailed off.

"See you at your sendoff breakfast tomorrow." I said as I rushed out with Tim.

As I rushed out with Tim, Henry walked up to Eve and Daniel.

"Is she leaving with someone?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry man." Daniel said.

"I thought explaining myself would work. Oh well, I guess it's for the better, she isn't from here. It would have ended in heartbreak any way." Henry said and then just walked to the bar.