17 - Sherlock Holmes

I was awake by 8am, showered, did my make up and put my hair up so it was out of my face today. I wasn't sure what Henry had planned so I wore a pair of black jeans and a maroon t-shirt with a black jean jacket and black converse tennis shoes.

I walked out to the living room around 9:45. Eve saw me and sighed.

"Where are you going?" Eve asked.

"Henry is taking me out. He is picking me up at 10 for a day out." I said and Even just half nodded.

"Any clue to where he is taking you?"

"Nope, he didn't say." I said. Eve pulled out her cellphone and I saw her text someone. "What did you just do?" I asked and she smiled at me. I went and got a cup of coffee and sipped it until I heard a knock on the front door. I looked at Eve.

"It's not for me, go." Eve said and I smiled at her shaking my head. I put my cup in the sink. I opened the door and I saw Henry standing there in jeans, t-shirt and a jacket. He handed me a cup.

"London Fog as promised." Henry said and I smiled. Henry leaned in the door and saw Eve.

"Thanks for the idea. It's right in the area I planned to go." Henry said and Eve smiled.

"She will love you forever if you take her there." Eve said and I glared at her knowing what she was going. I then looked back at Henry.

"I plan on it." Henry said and he winked at me offering me his hand.

"Ready?" He asked. I placed my hand in his and we left the house. He got me in the car and then he got in. We drove for a little while in silence but it was a comfortable silence and I was just taking in the sights.

Henry pulled into a lot and parked the car.

"We will leave the car here all day. The rest of the day we walk or take the tube." Henry said.

"Tube?" I asked confused. He sighed with a smile shaking his head.

"The subway my sweet little American." Henry said as we both laughed.

We walked down the street to our first stop. It was a bookstore and I smiled.

"Was this a suggestion from Eve?" I asked and Henry nodded.

"It was. She said you love reading." Henry said as we walked in and I nodded.

"I do. When I get home, I will send you a picture of my bookshelves." I said and the smile Henry had kind of faded. "Hey, what did I say?" I asked.

"You mentioned going home." Henry said and I sighed.

"I do have to go home eventually...unless you kidnap me..." I said and Henry smiled, waggling his eyebrows.

"Don't give me any ideas." Henry said and we both laughed. I linked my arm in his as we walked through the rows and rows of books.

I finally stopped and started looking at some of the older books and Henry smiled.

"You like the classics?" Henry asked.

"Love them. Don't get me wrong I like some new books too but you can't go wrong with the classics." I said and Henry nodded. We both looked at the titles and he pulled a book from the shelf and handed it to me.

"One of my favorites. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Henry said and I smiled up at him.

"Sherlock Holmes huh? Never gave it a chance but I will now. You gave me a good recommendation." I said and he smiled. I then gave a small giggle.

"What?" Henry said as we walked out if the aisle we were on.

"It's nothing, just a funny thought I had."

"Well share it with the class..."

"I think you would make a great Sherlock Holmes in a movie or something. You should look into it." I said and Henry chuckled.

"Maybe someday..." Henry said and I smiled at him.

We walked around the bookstore a little longer and then we went to pay. As they gave me the total Henry went to pay.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"My recommendation, I pay." Henry said and I smiled shaking my head as I tried to pay before him, but he took my money and held it out of reach as he paid.

"Henry!" I said and he laughed as I was handed the bag and we left the store.

"Wait here, I will run this to the car so you don't carry it all day. We have a lot of places to go." Henry said and I smiled. I leaned against the side of the building just wanting. I watched people walk by and smiled as I thought about what life would be like if I did move to London and what it could entail. As I was waiting for Henry my phone went off in my pocket.

CALEB: Hey, sorry been busy.

I sighed and looked to make sure Henry wasn't coming.

DEZI: I understand...I think. I don't know how it would be so hard to just drop a text yesterday and say hi. It's fine though. I'm out today with some people. I'll text you later.

CALEB: Don't get on my case Destiny, I've been busy. Text me whenever, I'll answer if I can.

I sighed and put my phone away. Henry walked up and smiled.

"Ready to go to the next stop?" Henry asked and I smiled. He extended his hand for me to take again and I did. I then looked at our hands together. Even though his was much bigger than mine and could have crushed it, he had a gentle touch about him, a caring hold. A hold I then started to realize I wanted to feel as he would hold my body to his. I slightly shook my head getting the thought out of my head as we walked and Henry looked down at me.

"You okay?" Henry asked.

"Yep, perfectly fine. Let's go get on the tube." I said and Henry chuckled as we headed underground once we reached the stop.