What's the word? ~ CH. 4

Over the next few weeks, Firey couldn't scathe Leafy one bit. Even with him talking badly about her right in front of her face or making snarky remarks behind them, she was still smiling all and about. It weirded Firey out. Weirded out? That was an understatement. Firey was scared and somewhat concerned.

Like the one time, he saw Leafy hanging out with Balloony and Cloudy for the first time in forever. Wasn't it weird that they were hanging out with her rather than anyone else? Why would they hang out with a selfish and greedy leaf? So he commented on it. Why let them suffer internally with Leafy when he could be the hero and shoo her away from them? Besides, Leafy won't take it personally. It's also because he deserves to be able to. But whenever he did remark about her, whether in front of her face or right behind her back, she would smile or laugh about it. It was...weird for Firey.

 He could scream his worries to Leafy, but if he's seen talking to her then he'd probably be seen as a liar or an instigator of fights. He's all but that. However, he knows damn well that Leafy is the reason why he's acting this way. He never did anything wrong. He never does. But at this point, it's probably Leafy's fault for him to be acting this way.

After the challenge, Firey walks up to Coiny and Pin who were currently safe. He taps Coiny's shoulder which caught Coiny's attention. Coiny looks up at Firey and tilts his head in confusion. Firey then begins to speak to Coiny.

"Hey. Have you noticed how weird Leafy's being..?" Firey questioned. Coiny looked at Pin with an expression of confusion.

"Why're you wondering about her well-being? Don't you hate her?" Coiny asked. Pin nodded in agreement. Out of all of Firey's current relationships, he would always be avoiding or making snarky comments about Leafy. During this whole season, they had no emotional connection whatsoever.

"Just shut up about that and answer me..!" Firey whispered while turning red from embarrassment. He doesn't wanna be interrogated about this decision now. He's practically asking himself questions about this right now. Coiny and Pin look at each other before nodding.

"We understand where you're coming from, though. We're practically worried for Leafy too. She's been a lot more...what's the word?" Coiny asked. Pin looks to her left in a thinking manner. 

"...crazy?" Pin asked. Coiny shook his head.

"Insane?" 

"No, not that..." 

"Deranged?" 

"Uhm...no, not really..."

"Demented?" 

"What does that even mean?" 

"Acting out of a crazy or irrationally excited manner." Pin said. Coiny looks at Pin. Knowing her well, Pin sighs before muttering a quick 'never mind' and thinking of more words.

"...You say all these words thinking I would know what 'demented' meant." Coiny said while mocking Pin's voice on the word 'demented'. Pin scoffed with a smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah, okay you idiot. You don't even know what the word 'infatuated' means." Pin commented. Firey looks at Pin with confusion. Why does she have to use that word for Coiny? It's not like she said anything that has to do with her being-...huh...Firey changes his mind. He can see reason with Pin using that word to express some emotions towards Coiny. He's dumb enough to not realize it anyways. 

"Shut up I do!" Coiny responded. Pin crossed her arms and leaned on one of her legs while waiting for Coiny to answer.

"It means....d'uhm...It-..." Coiny tries to come up with an answer on what infatuated meant. It could mean anything! 

"Like...something that has to do with fat or fertilization?" Coiny more like asked. Pin sighed with a smile.

"Yeah, figured." Pin remarked. Coiny huffed while crossing his arms and puffing out his cheeks.

"...Pin...I am so sorry you have to go as far as use that word." Firey commented with a sound of disappointment. Pin begins to turn red.

"Hey! What's wrong with the word 'infatuation'!? It doesn't mean anything!" 

"Yeah!" Coiny commented back. Firey could only roll his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyways, are you sure she's okay..?" Firey asked, brushing off the comment he made. Coiny scoffs.

"Oh she is so not fine. She's unstable that's for sure." Coiny said. Pin shoves him away with a hint of frustration.

"Anyways, yeah. We wanna say she's okay, but it would be an obvious lie." Pin sighed. 

"However, we can update you on how she's been. It wouldn't harm us if you did get updated on this. Even though you're not as close to her as you used to be, you're still...somewhat a friend." Pin smiled. Firey smiled back knowing that neither of them were smiling about Leafy's instability. 

"Thanks..." Firey said before walking away. His head was jumbled up. Why only now was he caring about this leaf who stole his island from him. Why only now was her mental, emotional, and physical health important to him. He couldn't stand Leafy. Ever since she came back from YoyleLand, he's been feeling and acting weird. He made sure not to let the others be aware of this situation, but even then some found it weird that he would pick on Leafy almost often. Why pick on someone so much even when you're not angry at them anymore? 

Firey looks down at his hands. Maybe he isn't mad at him anymore. Maybe he might've taken his bullying too far. But then again, nothing is as too far as stealing what he won fairly. Especially a friend who's known you for a while. When someone decides to steal from you whether it's your friend or a stranger, it's never right. He's only trying to get vengeance for what he lost. And what he lost was a mighty big item.

He just wishes he knows what he was talking about right now. Firey doesn't even remember what just happened back at Coiny and Pin's. He can barely remember what he had eaten for today. Is he okay? Does he need water? He'll just ask Four for some later on...he just hopes Four is somewhat nearby. Firey thinks he might pass out from the massive headache he's been having ever since this week started

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is Four? Leafy's only down to three pills and she needs new ones stat. Otherwise Gelatin's compliment on her happiness this morning will soon be an overstatement. She'll soon be seen as a bossy person and worthless person. She'll soon be seen as a liar. As someone who fakes emotions. By then no one will go to her for anything. Only then will she be considered worthless. She doesn't want that dream to become a reality. And she'll do whatever it takes to avoid it.