Dream Island ~ CH. 3

Dream Island doesn't have as much value as it did back then. Nowadays all the modern contestants want the videotape of the battle for the island, but they've never wondered what battling for that island was like for the contestants who were here before BFB existed.

Those who asked them would get told the endless adventures the old contestants would have at the old area where there were endless plains to wander off to and, if you did wander off too far, would get to the Evil Leafy Forest which was a little scary at first, but once they chased Leafy to the cliff and rid of her for good at Yoyleland, was a place of victory for the contestants. 

Then would come other people like Gelatin, Puffball, and Donut. Contestants who were fighting for the same island, but with less of a struggle. Moreover fairness. No Leafy in sight? No unfair advantages. 

But some would inquire about Leafy. Why was she removed from the community? But all they would say was that she was a selfish person who deep down wanted to stab people in the back to get what she wanted. Then it spread. 

No wonder Team Beep eventually hated her. Rumors were spreading that she couldn't deny, or avoid. She was set to fail from day one. And it was all her fault. She could've avoided this hot mess, but now she's living through it. Oh, how depressing. Once the bright, cheery, and lovable person. But now she was a backstabber, unkind, and unjust to everyone here. 

She wishes she can change their minds and tell them that she isn't like that anymore, but...

"Hey! Watch out!" Said a contestant. Before Leafy could move, her feet can feel the dull prong of an item stab her foot. She yelps as the other items around her stumble on their stumps before toppling over. Leafy checks her surroundings in shock.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't know you guys were playing! I-" Leafy looks down at Cake and Pie who were playing Chess. 

"No, it's fine. You kind of saved me from eating a loss..." Cake stated sheepishly. Pie looks at the boy across her with a smirk.

"You mean 'taking' a loss?" Pie corrected, but Cake scoffed.

"Yeah, okay Mx. 'literate' I understand that you don't use slang words." Cake remarked. The two chuckled at each other while Leafy awkwardly stood between the two. 

"Uhm...I can help you guys reorganize this if you want?" Leafy asked. The two desserts look at Leafy with skepticism. 

"You won't...steal any of this, right?" Cake asked. Pie glares at the boy, causing him to mutter a quick 'sorry' in response. Leafy smiles nervously.

"No, I won't. I promise." Leafy states. 

"Alright, sure! After you can play with us if you like..?" Pie offered. Leafy hummed in response while she begins picking up the pieces beneath her feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trio decided that playing chess with three people was not only an advantage disadvantage point for the opponents, but it was also awkward and difficult with three people. So they decided to play charades. Pie was currently flapping their wings.

"Uhhh chicken?" Cake guessed. Pie shook her head.

"Flamingo?" Cake guessed again. Leafy looks at Cake.

"Can flamingos even fly?" Leafy asked. 

"Uhm....n-no...uhm..." Cake answered before getting to guess again. Leafy notices Pie beginning to fly away from the two objects.

"Wait! Pigeon!" Leafy guessed. 

"Yes! Good job Leafy, how'd you guess that?" Pie asked.

"Well Pigeons are usually scared of things that move or scare them, so-"

 "Pie? Cake? What're you two doing?" The three turned around to find the object speaking.

It was Firey.

"Oh, we're just playing charades with Leafy!" Pie answered happily. Firey eyes Leafy for a bit before humming.

"Alright, have fun with one of your limbs missing." 

"She can do that!?" Cake screamed. He begins backing away from Leafy. 

Thank glub I took the pills earlier...

"Yeah? She can steal anything that has access to her." Firey remarked. 

"Oh come on, Firey. She's probably not that bad. You just assume that of her." Pie stated. Firey scoffed.

"Says the one fighting for the thing I won fair and square in the first season!" Firey angrily stated.

"I won that thing! It was her fault that I am now fighting for a video tape of it, and not the real thing!" Firey screamed. The quad stayed silent while the voice boomed across the area. The three objects eyed Leafy. Leafy was still smiling but her eyes looked a little more glossy than usual. 

"Yeah, but I'm a changed person now. Through Yoyleland and season two, I've noticed that my actions weren't the best of actions. So I may not seem like I'm changing yet, but I am." Leafy stated. She walks up to Firey and smiles.

"It's up to you to think that I won't change.." She continued. Before Firey could come up with a response, Leafy said her goodbyes to the three. Firey stares down the girl that finally decided to talk back. What was that? Was she always like that? Why only now was she acting this way when she could've acted like this a while ago? 

"Well it's not like she's wrong, Firey." Pie said. The two desserts look at each other before leaving Firey dumbfounded. 

"What...what happened..?" Firey asked. It was as if Leafy realized how shitty she was being treated and decided to speak up about it. Should he be proud or upset? He loves Leafy as an acquaintance, but not everyone else did. Right? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank god I left early...the pills are wearing off..." Leafy says to no one in particular. She looks down at her shaky hands and notices her breathing and heartbeat quickening. She quickened her pace to the forest and held onto herself in the process. Every object that saw her thought she was having another one of her panic attacks and left her be. They didn't wanna be associated with a possible maniac. 

Leafy eventually got to the forest. She walks towards a certain area with a stump, her bottle, and her pills. She sat on the stump and grabs her pill bottle. She swallows the pills and attempts to go for her bottle. However, the bottle tipped at her fingertips and spilled all over the grass. She's gonna have to force it down again. Leafy sighs after every five air swallows. 

"Is it working..?" Leafy asked herself. She could feel the pill dissolving within herself, but the act wasn't happening. She shakily breathed while curling in on herself.

Please. She begs any object god out there to stop the feelings in her head. She asks for them to get rid of these terrible feelings she's having. She begs for them to disappear. She asks for the feelings of Firey talking bad about her to go away. She asks for the looks of her peers to be removed from her memory. She's begging for the feelings to leave.

She's been curled up for half an hour before she could feel her shoulders being lifted from the burdens. Her cries have been answered. She can finally say that she isn't feeling sad about Firey. She can finally replace the looks of Cake and Pie with a look of happiness. She sighs heavily. She's glad she's free from the fear.

She looks down at the pill bottle again. Is it okay for her to take two pills sometimes? It'll last her a ton. Maybe she can...

With the decision in her mind, she takes another pill and shoves it down her throat. With the force of her throat shoving it down and the now built up saliva in her mouth, she begins to push it down her throat. 

Maybe this will work. She hopes she can find more pills sometime soon or ask Four for refills. She really thinks this could last her the whole competition.