Chapter 24

Adrienne pov

'Why I am here again?'

I asked to myself. I was called into the Emperor office without knowing what I did wrong.

"Your Majesty, what do you want from me?" I asked because I don't remember that I did something.

"I just want to talk with you. Talking to you was amusing after all." He said with a smile.

'He's attitude remind me of Akalbir.'

"I see... Hm?"

I see a chess board from the side. I didn't that the Emperor play chess. "Did you play chess, My Lady?" The Emperor suddenly asked.

He must see that I was looking at the chess board. "Yes, my father taught." I said confident.

"Really? Your father sometimes play chess with me. I'm curious how good you are." The Emperor said.

-----

3rd person pov

Since that day Adrienne been summoned to the palace time to time to play chess with the Emperor in his garden.

Clack

A sound was heard as Adrienne place a chess piece in the chess board.

"You're better like your dad." The Emperor praise Adrienne. Adrienne asked her dad about if he played chess with the Emperor, he said yes and that the Emperor was good at it.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, your majesty."

Adrienne said as she place once again a piece.

"You're right, I hope Akalbir was like me."

Clack

"You are just like him, your Majesty."

Clack

Another sound of a chess piece in the chess board was heard. The two was exchanging word while playing a chess.

'No way. How good is the Lady?!'

A servant though as he continues looking at the two who continue.

A chess is a game of strategy. The Emperor is none other than the Emperor of the land, who knows to assess the battle of strategy both from afar and closely, yet the Lady won everytime.

"Checkmate"

Adrienne said confident. She won in a second time all ready in one day.

"You're great, we should stop now. It's getting dark soon."

The Emperor said. Adrienne looked at the sky and saw that the sun was about to go down. "May you came here again tomorrow?" The Emperor asked.

"No, I will not your Majesty. I was invited in Lady Sylvia tea party tomorrow."

Adrienne said. She got a invitation from Lady Sylvia yesterday and said a replied that she will come.

"I see, then after tomorrow then."

The Emperor said with a smile. "Yes."

-----

In the tea party

"The garden are beautiful, My Lady."

A noble girl compliment.

"My father made them for me. It's one of my favorite places as well."

Sylvia said as she smiled with close eye. Right now, Adrienne was in Sylvia tea party with the other noble girl. The tea party took places in Sylvia garden.

"The Count truly has a kind heart."

Adrienne said as she looked at the garden.

Calvin Kalse Browne, the count and Sylvia father. He was the lead who donated a large amount of money to the temple.

"That's right."

A another noble girl said. "Yeah, to think he will made a garden for he's daughter, he must be a good father."

"That's right." Sylvia said. "Oh, right do you perhaps remember me, Lady Sylvia. I'm Helen of Viscount House Rein, I am the person you talk with in the party."

"I'm Sena from Count House Hienz."

"I'm Estine from...."

The other noble girls introduce themselves. However one name caught Adrienne ears.

"I'm Loala from Count House Frinz."

A young girl with pink hair and brown eyes introduce herself. 

'House Frinz?! The other family who donated a large amount of money in the temple like Sylvia father?!'

Adrienne thought.

Akalbir told to Adrienne that the other noble house who was like Sylvia father was the House Frinz.

Author note

Hello guys, I just update The Adventure in the World of Elemental Magic Chapter 4. I hope you just will read it. Thank you😁