Chapter 37

3rd person pov

In a beautiful and massive palace, live a prince with her sickbed mother.

The prince mother was beautiful in her young that she charmed the Emperor of the mighty empire. She was simply a humble commoner in her town.

In a single night she meet the Emperor, the Emperor fell in love with her in one glance.

She then was taken by the Emperor as a concubine.

Seeing the kindness of the Emperor, the woman accepted the offer. She fell in love with the Emperor that day. She ought to herself that she will do everything for this man.

She became a concubine and spend many days and night with the Emperor. She was happy but her happiness didn't last long.

The Emperor found a new woman. A woman with red hair. A noble unlike her. She was devastated after seeing the Emperor with her, smiling.

Yet, she didn't give up. Somewhere in her heart believe in the man she love. She continued to spend her days with the Emperor.

Until one morning, she learn that the red haired woman was pregnant with the Emperor child, yet she didn't hold a grudge in this woman.

The moment the red haired woman was pregnant, the Emperor solely focus in the woman. The concubine didn't mind it, she only thought one thing why the Emperor was focus on the woman

'She was pregnant with his child. The heir. It's only natural.'

Was she always thought. Like a lily, she continued to be pure without any bad thought. She continued to be pure and kind soul like she always. 

And then she was pregnant with a boy. Upon learning this, the Emperor also focus and give the concubine everything she needed.

The noble voice their disagreement to the Emperor, yet the Emperor silence them and continued he was doing.

The red haired woman learn this, started thinking a plan to make sure her child will succeed the throne.

On one morning, the concubine was framed on hurting the woman because of jealousy and envious. The concubine plead that she didn't do anything but her plead was unheard by people.

She turned her head to her husband to plead, yet the man didn't help her. The Emperor then spoke up with cold voice

"Lock this woman in the Ruby Palace, make sure she won't leave. Give everything she needed and tell them to me before giving them to her."

The Emperor ordered with cold stare as he stare at the concubine in the floor. The concubine was happy, not for her sake but for the child she was bearing.

She doesn't care if the man toss her aside, all she need was the child health and safety.

"Your Majesty, thank you... Thank you for sparing our lives" The concubine thanked the Emperor who only looked at her with cold stared.

"I didn't do it for you. I only do it for the child that was in your womb. Take her away, make sure she won't appeared before me again."

That event was the last memory the concubine had of the Emperor. As soon, the concubine arrived at the Ruby Palace, all the maids turned thier back at her.

Knowing she lost the Emperor favor, they thought she no longer their lady.

The red haired woman became the Empress and give birth to the child and heir of the throne.