Chapter 11

3rd person pov pov

Amarmohan birthmother is the current Empress. Before she become the Empress, she was the top candidate to become the Empress.

But she was rejected because the emperor fell in love with the former Empress.

Because the former Empress passed away at a young age without bearing a child. She ended up becoming the Emperor's wife and Empress.

'That's what on the novel. This woman is trying to have Amarmohan take the throne.'
Adrienne thought to herself

"You're beautiful as they say" the Empress said to Adrienne and thought

'It seem that Lady Adrienne is on her way toward the second prince Akalbir Palace'

'Are the Xanderly and the second prince in contact....?' the Empress thought as she stared at Adrienne "Are you heading off to somewhere?"

"Yes, I saw a pretty garden when I visited the Palace when I was a kid." Adrienne said and smile.

"Well, I can show you a garden that's even more beautiful, what can you say?"

"I'm afraid I can't go anywhere else because someone is waiting for me there"

Adrienne said to the Empress. Adrienne don't want to stay with the Empress. She don't want to make Akalbir wait after all.

And the Empress will become her enemy. 

"Then, I shall walk with you for a bit. Since we're going in the same direction"

"Of course"

Adrienne want to refuse the Empress but she can't not without a reason.

The two walked with Adrienne in the front.

'If I can get Xanderly Family on our side, I can worry less about the succession to the throne.' The Empress thought as she stared at Adrienne 'And the quickest way I can unite our families is....'

"Now that I think about it, in two years from now, it will be your marriageable age, correct?"

"Yes, that's right" Adrienne stopped walking and face the Empress. In this world, the age for marriage is 18 years for both men and women. 'Why did she ask?' Adrienne thought.

"Then you will need a fiance" The Empress said and Adrienne reply "...Pardon?"

"I'm saying that since you broke up with my son, you need a new partner or fiance"

"Umm.. It's okay and I have my eye for someone" Adrienne said to the Empress as she put her hand in her crest and smile.

Adrienne was so annoyed at the Empress. She dared talk about engagement or relationship when she just broke up with Amarmohan.

"I see. But you still need a permission from the Duke if you can marry that guy or not"

'...This should be enough to make her back down, right?' The Empress thought as she stared at Adrienne.

"You seem to be overstepping your boundaries, your majesty." Adrienne stared coldly to the Empress and continue

"Whether I have a fiance or don't have is the business of the Xanderly Family"

Adrienne glared at the Empress. The Empress flinch from Adrienne glared.

The Empress intentions are clear to Adrienne and she clearly hate it.

"... I was only concerned about you. I guess I spoke too rashly. Please forgive me."

The Empress apologize as she open her fan.

"So you're here, Lady Adrienne. I was looking for you."

Adrienne heard a voice behind and turned around to see Akalbir smiling to her. "....It seems that our paths split ways here."

"Thank you for walking with me. I will be going with his highness" Adrienne bow to the Empress and walked toward Akalbir.

"Let's go, your highness" Adrienne take Akalbir arms and start walking away from the Empress.

As the two walked away, the Empress stared at them.