Chapter 39

3rd person pov

Light shone down on the earth. The sunlight hit Adrienne eyelid, making her wake up from her slumber.

"Rise up, My Lady. It was 7:00 of morning." Mia woke up her Lady who rubbed her eyes.

'It morning already......' Adrienne thought as she stood up and let Lia fixed the bed.

"Mia, what my schedule today?" Adrienne asked to Mia.

Adrienne was little lack of sleep again. It was not her first time she visited Nikolai in midnight. It was not that often however, she can't still get used of lacking sleep.

Ever since, she was transmigrated as Adrienne Folen Xanderly, she always got the sleep hours she want.

"You will have a breakfast with the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess in the morning and after breakfast you will go to the palace to meet the second prince Akalbir. You will also eat lunch with him and play chess with the Emperor."

Mia informed Adrienne with a straight face. Adrienne sigh as she already feel that this day was going to make her tired.

"Anything else?" Adrienne asked as she entered the bathroom. She let herself soaked on the bathtub warm water.

The water had rose petals which was her favorite. Adrienne soaked her body on the warm water as a sigh left her mouth.

Lia, Mia and some maids followed her to the bathroom to assist her. One maid washed her hair and one maids put more rose petals on the water.

"None, My Lady." Mia bluntly said to Adrienne.

'This was going to be a tiredly day...'

-----

The breakfast was pleasant to Adrienne who talk with her parents as they eat. Warm atmosphere surrounded the dining room, making the breakfast more delicious in Adrienne mouth.

"Let's go now." Adrienne said to the horseman that nodded to her and the carriage depart.

In front of Adrienne was her two maids who was talking brightly. Smile on thiers face was showed.

Adrienne usually talked with them, but she didn't want to this day. Adrienne stared outside though the window of the white carriage of their family.

She stared outside with a thought as she simply observe it.

"I heard that someone was found died on the town square this morning."

Adrienne heard Mia said to Lia. This sentence seems catches Adrienne curiousity.

"Mia, tell me about what happened." Adrienne order to Mia who looked shocked but regained her composure. Mia faked coughed then turned serious.

"I heard from the maids earlier this morning that someone was found died in the town square. It seems that he was killed last night. He was found on the fountain in town square, his head was on the water, so it was likely he killed herself by drowning. Which mean it was a suicide."

Mia explained to Adrienne with a calm voice and without stopping, she informed all she knows about what happened.

Adrienne think about the possibility about this person Mia spoke about that was found died. It was likely a man by what Mia talked.

What Adrienne curious about more about this accident was he was found drowned on the fountain. If it was a suicide, he can just drowned herself on the sink of his house.

Why bother, drowning himself on the fountain? To people to know? If he want to suicide, he can just hang himself.

Adrienne thought of many possibilities on short moment.

After thinking, Adrienne sigh and looked at the window.

'Whatever, I am not a detective..'

-----

"I greet his highness, Prince Akalbir."

Adrienne bowed to Akalbir who waited for her in front of his castle. Akalbir bowed and greet

"I greet and welcome the Princess of Xanderly Grand Dukedom, Adrienne Folen Xanderly to my Palace."

Akalbir bowed to Adrienne who smiled. He bowed perfectly, a noble bow fitted for the prince of empire.

Akalbir took Adrienne hand and kissed the back of her hand.

"Thank you for coming here to my humble palace, My Lady." Akalbir softly spoke up.

"I'm pleased that you invited me to your humble palace, your highness." Adrienne replied.

Akalbir guided her to the rose garden where their usually drink tea and discuss. The roses are fine bloom and are display beautiful and perfectly.

Akalbir as a gentleman help her sit down and they begun discussing about things.

"The demonic beast are decreasing now, and the temple had gained a few praised from people's. If this continues the temple will become powerful."

Akalbir said and Adrienne nodded.

"It good thing that the demonic beast are decreasing, it is because the high priest thought that the support of people are enough?"

Adrienne comment as she took a sip of the tea Akalbir prepared for her. Akalbir smile and spoke up

"Maybe, I planted a spy on the temple. They said that the high priest are planning a party for the Saintess birthday. The party is going to be held in Tuesday."

Akalbir said.

"Tuesday, are you planning to do something?" Adrienne asked as she looked at Akalbir seriously. Akalbir smirked and replied

"One of the supporters of the temple will go to the party, we will defeat him on that party."

Akalbir smirk as Adrienne face remain calm as she expected this.

"Of course, we will go together on that party. I expected that we will receive a invitation tomorrow."

Akalbir continued as he took a bite of the strawberry cake.

"That's good. Going to the party with me means that we developed a feeling for each other in public eyes, right?"

Adrienne took a bite of the cake and Akalbir nodded.

"We're going to the start of the plan, Adrienne."

Akalbir comment, his blue ocean eyes softened alongside with his face. A genuine smile plastered on his face was showed. His blue ocean eyes softly stare at the girl in front of him.

"You're right."

Adrienne replied, sipping the tea. Her ruby eyes was softened and the corners of her lips curved up, forming a soft smile.

The tiredness of Adrienne body was gone in thin air and was replaced with a relaxed body.

Adrienne know recently that when ever she was with Akalbir, there are always a warm atmosphere surrounded them just like the atmosphere whenever she was with both of her parents.

Adrienne thought that it's a shame that she didn't feel this warm and gentle atmosphere in her past life.

The only thing she knows was a cold environment and atmosphere in her house. Even though it was summer, she never know this kind of atmosphere with someone else.

In fact, Suliere was sometimes jealous of Adrienne family. Adrienne was born with a loving family, yet seek for the affection of the man who killed her in the end.

And Suliere sometimes see Adrienne was like her.

Pityful and affection seeker. Just like her.