Chapter 40

3rd person pov

It was a pleasant lunch with Akalbir in his palace. The food was delicious, probably the same with her family food. The talk with Akalbir was also pleasant, making the food more delicious in her mouth.

The Princess of Xanderly Grand Dukedom was on her way to the garden of the Great  Emperor of Amaldeep Empire. Her two maids behind her, following her.

"About this body that was found in the two square, what time did they found it?"

Adrienne asked to Mia who had more information about the event.

"It was found exactly 6:03 in the morning."

Mia answered simply but it's enough information for Adrienne.

'I will just ask Robin more information about this.' Adrienne thought as she continued to walk with her two maids.

In her vision, Adrienne caught a glimpse of the Empress of the Amaldeep Empire, someone who she treat as enemy.

They stopped in front of each other, staring at each other eyes.

Adrienne bow and greet her "I humbly greet the Empress of the Empire."

"It was a pleasant to meet you here, Lady Adrienne."

The Empress replied. Her eyes looked down at Adrienne who didn't seem bother it.

In Adrienne mind, she was laughing and at the same time irritated at the Empress.

"It was also a pleasant for me, your majesty." Adrienne replied with a bit of  honey tone. It was clearly that she was mocking the Empress.

But she didn't mind. She hate this woman from the beginning.

Adrienne heard from Lady Hinata that the Empress tried to kidnapped her. The Empress even tried to kill Lady Hinata by sending a assassin to her.

If one of the subordinate of Alpha was not there, Lady Hinata will die.

One of the thing Adrienne hate the most, was her precious and the people she cared are getting hurt by someone.

The Empress eyes norrowed at her, clearly irritated at the young girl. They are near the Emperor garden, where the Emperor himself are waiting for Adrienne.

Adrienne sweetly smile at the Empress. Adrienne open her mouth and spoke up

"It was pleasant meeting, however I need to go now. The Emperor are waiting for me in his glorious garden. I shall now take my leave."

Adrienne bowed to the Empress, same with her two maids. Adrienne sweetly smiled and walked past the Empress with a smirk plastered on her face.

She knows all the moves of the Empress and Amarmohan because of the information given to her by the information guild master himself.

The Empress walked away with a irritated face on her face. Adrienne walk with serious face.

Adrienne entered the garden of the Emperor, walking to the paved path of the garden.

Flowers are arranged perfectly without any mistake. Many types of flowers are perfectly design for the garden of Emperor.

Gentle breeze kissed Adrienne skin. The flowers sway due of breeze. Adrienne long wavy, shimmering white hair flows along with the gentle breeze.

Adrienne watch the flowers with a expressionless face.

Her two maids are nowhere behind her, as she ordered them to take something from the carriage.

Adrienne was like a completely different person. An expressionless face plastered on her face was different on her usual happy expression face.

Adrienne walk on the paved path. She was sure it was a short path, but she feel like she been walking a long time in this paved path.

Adrienne heels continued to make sound as she continued to walk. Adrienne stop on her track as she noticed she had arrived in the pavilion in the middle of the garden.

The Emperor was talking with his assistant, not noticing that Adrienne had arrived. It look serious. The Emperor back was facing Adrienne.

The Emperor noticed a presence behind him and turn around. He smile when he saw Adrienne standing.

Adrienne butched up the skirt of her dress into her hands and curtsied in front of the Emperor.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Amaldeep Empire."

Adrienne greeted to the smiling Emperor. With a perfect greeting, everyone will smile at the scene of the two.

"Rise your head, Lady Adrienne. Take a seat."

Said the Emperor. Adrienne do what the Emperor said in silence. Adrienne smile and spoke up

"Pardon me if I am interrupted your discussion with your assistant, your majesty."

Adrienne said with a smile. The Emperor giggle at what Adrienne said then spoke up

"It's no problem. We can just discussed it later. Shall we play chess while talking again?"

The Emperor smile. Adrienne smirk and replied "Yes, your majesty."

The Emperor assistant sigh as the scene. He fix his glasses and watch the duo play chess as usual.

The chess was perfectly in the table, the two had already start playing. Intense focus on their play, thinking of strategy to use.

It was completely silence yet comfortable atmosphere filled the pavilion. The only sound you could hear was the sound of chess piece moving and placing.

"Your majesty" Adrienne voice broken the silence. The Emperor stop moving his pieces and looked at Adrienne in confusion.

"Yes, Lady Adrienne?" The Emperor continues to look at Adrienne in confusion. Adrienne looked at the confused Emperor and spoke up

"May I ask what are you talking about with Marquis Vea?"

Adrienne asked as she moved a piece. The Emperor gaped at her then laugh. The Emperor laugh made everyone looked at him in shock.

The Emperor stopped laughing and looked at Adrienne with amused face.

"Of course! It will be my pleasure! Hey! Inform Lady Adrienne about it."

The Emperor ordered to the assistant who sigh. He moved closer toward them and stand beside the amused Emperor.

"Yes, then I shall explained now."

Said Marquis Vea as he looked at Adrienne who pay attention to the man. The Emperor looked at Adrienne with a smirk.

'I'm sure that they are talking about the incident that was happening in one of the village, if I remember correctly the man that was found was related....'

Adrienne thought as she stared at the Marquis.

The chess match had stopped by the topic Adrienne brought up suddenly.