Chapter 42

3rd person pov

Akalbir stared down to Adrienne who was still shocks at his arrival.

"What are you doing here?" Adrienne asked as she fixed her composure, distancing herself a bit from the man.

"Your maids requested me to see, as they noticed your weird behavior earlier. I'm sure they thought that something was bothering."

Akalbir explained to the confused lady, who seem caught on due of Akalbir explanation to her.

'That explain thiers behavior earlier...' Adrienne thought.

"Now, shall we go, My Lady?"

Akalbir reach his hand toward Adrienne, inviting her to come with him.

"Eh?" Adrienne stare at the hand, confuse on what the man doing. She looked at the man and hold her hand. Trusting the man in front of her.

Akalbir smirk and pull Adrienne toward him.

"Hold tightly, My Lady." Akalbir whispers to Adrienne ear, making her feel the hot of Akalbir breath against her.

Akalbir hugged Adrienne close to him and activate his magic.

Swish

Adrienne knew that they had arrived at their destination due of sudden change of winds.

Adrienne no longer feel the anything below her feet, she curiously look below despite having a guess and see a perfect circle lake below.

The two landed softly on the grassy ground and Adrienne awe as she stared at the lake. She moved forward to see the lake better, and Akalbir blue eyes followed her movement, observing her closely.

Adrienne looked at the lake in amazement and admire. The perfect circle lake reflecting the shadowy sky filled with celestial bodies, the full moon was perfectly reflected in the lake.

The lake was surrounded by big oak trees, gentle breeze kissed their skins, their hair flows with the wind as trees rustling with the breeze.

The alluring, heavenly, and majestic lake was so enchanting for Adrienne, washing her worries about things.

Adrienne look back at Akalbir who was watching her in silence.

"Where are we?" She asked to the man who walked forward toward her, standing beside her as Adrienne ruby eyes follow his movements.

"We are at the lake of the 1st Emperor's."

The answer made Adrienne looked at him in shocks and look back at the lake.

"This is Swan Lake.."

Swan Lake, Adrienne knew it since she was a kid from her parents. Everyone knew this lake.

It's the lake where the 1st Emperor found the his Empress, hence the 1st Empress of the Amaldeep Empire. There are story about this lake. A story about how the 1st Emperor meet his first love in this lake.

But... It a sacred place!

'Why did he bring me here?' Adrienne thought in confusion and scared of being caught by imperial guards.

"I want to let you see this lake"

"Eh?" Adrienne looked at Akalbir in confusion.

This place was sacred. It location was in Imperial Ground. The second prince just told her that he want for her to see this sacred lake.

Adrienne looked at Akalbir as if he was crazy, Akalbir almost laugh at the confusion face the princess of Xanderly making.

"This place was indeed sacred place, it was also the place where my mother officially met the Emperor."

Ah

Adrienne expression froze as she now knew what might happen.

Adrienne now remember.

From the novel, there was one chapter where it show the Emperor perspective.

It show his life.

Cold. Adrienne remember how the Emperor was when he was a child. Abused from young age from the teacher and maids.

To be precise, the Emperor was similar to Akalbir when they are just child but also different.

The cold treatment he received from the former Empress, his mother. The Former Emperor who didn't even glance him the moment he was born. A brother who hated him. The maids who call him unwanted child. Teachers who insulted him.

He became a cold person.

Cold. The Emperor didn't show any emotions when he killed his brother to take the throne, his face was just blank.

Becoming Emperor became harder for him. Stuck in his office, doing some paperworks.

Solitude and Coldness.

And life changed the moment he see her.

Solitude and coldness turned into warm moments of his life.

Note:

Hello readers 😁! I update a new chapter right now but I was not quite sure if I can update in another time. I was pretty busy doing more chapters for this story and my another story. I was also busy writing the plots of my two story.

I will also update a special chapter in Christmas Day, showing a little bit of Adrienne past life as Suliere and how it change when she possessed Adrienne body. I will also update a special chapter in Christmas Day in my another story, so if you are interested you can read my another story in my profile, it had 14 chapters.

That's all! Thank you for reading my story😁☺️😊