Chapter 16

"talking"
'thinking'

Adrienne pov

"You want to visit your aunt?"

Father looked to me.

"Yes, father. I heard that her health isn't good and that her doctor said that her severe asthma is concerning."

I said to father who continue eating his food. "I want to contact her more often before it too late."

Father places the fork and spoon down and smile "She would like it if you visited her, Adrienne"

"You're father is right, Adrienne. I'm sure your aunt will be happy"

Mother said with a smile

"Then, I will visit her tomorrow"

I said as I stand up and walked away from the dining room.

I walked in the hall of our mansion. As I remember my aunt, the older sister of Father, Lilly Pulitber Xanderly.

She was my father older sister. Many people admired her because of her intelligence and swordmanship skills.

However, she was born with a severe asthma. Which means, she most not do any exercising and any physical activity.

If it were up to me, I'd immediately visit her but since aunt wished to live secluded life, she moved outside the capital.

Apart from the Emperor, no one can contact her without first going through the Grand Duke Xanderly.

~time skip~

"My Lady!"

"We have completed all the preparation you requested for, will we depart immediately?"

Mia said as I walked down in the stairs. Lia was holding the cases where all our things.

"Yes, thank you"

3rd person pov

Adrienne and her two trustful maid entered the white carriage.

"It been a long time since you visited your aunt, My Lady" said Lia who smiled while looking at the young lady.

"Yes, that's right" Adrienne said as she looked at the window. She saw her father and mother waving at her, as the carriage depart.

"But it is okay for you to visit your aunt, I heard that some suspicious men's are lurking in that area near the mansion." Mia said with a worried voice as she looked at Adrienne concerned.

"You mean that men's in the black that everyone was talking about?" Lia asked to her sister.

Men in the black. 'The first reason why I want to visit my aunt is to spend time with her. And the second reason is to meet the men in the black and defeat them.'

They we're the people who attack the elf.

"Yes"

Mia replied.

"No need to worry. I'm sure that my aunt can handle them" Adrienne said with a smile.

-----

Hours later, the carriage arrived at the mansion where Adrienne aunt staying. It was clean and beautiful mansion. As expected to a member of Xanderly and the only sister of the Duke.

The carriage door opened and there one of the escort knight.

"My Lady, we have arrived"

One of the escort knight helped her go down in the carriage. The knight also helped her two maids.

Adrienne stood in front of her aunt who smiled gently in her face.

"It's been a while since I see you, dear aunt"

Adrienne said as she gently kiss the back of the hand of her aunt who smiled "You have grown since the last time I see, Adrienne" her aunt said.

"I'm sure you are tired from your journey. Would you like to have a tea with me?"

Her aunt recommend to Adrienne who smiled. "I would like to." Adrienne replied

-----

Adrienne and her aunt was in the living room, drinking tea. In the table, was full of dessert and tea.

"I heard that your severe asthma is getting worse, so I came here to see."

"I see, that's great. I'm so happy that I can spend time with you, Adrienne."

Her aunt said as she drink the tea.

"I heard that some suspicious men's are lurking around the area."

Adrienne said as she looked at her aunt who places the teacup in the table. Her aunt looked at her with serious face.

"So you heard about them."

"Yes"

"I don't know much about them. All I know was that there was a man who has a great skill in sword. He can also use aura."

Adrienne looked at her aunt who has a serious face.

"Did you fought him?"

Adrienne asked her aunt.

"Yes, I did. He back down from the fight but he said he will return."

Adrienne gulped. She was shocked that there was a person who can survive from her aunt. Even though her aunt had a severe asthma, she can still fight, and there was no person who can survive from the moment, her aunt fight them.

'To think someone was powerful to survive from aunt. That person must be that powerful.' 

"All I can do is to put a magic shield around the area. The forest where elf lives."

Her aunt said as she looked down.

'So there's was the man that powerful among them. Look like this will not be easy.'