Chapter 7

Adrienne pov

"So what's your relationship with the second prince, Adrienne?"

"Eh?"

I look shocked that he just asked it without hesitation to me. "Do you want me to repeat it again?"

"No, I just shocked that you asked it"

"I see, so what's your answer Adrienne?"

"We're just a friend, dad"

In the balcony, Akalbir and I decided not to rush in our relationship and start being a friend. Because if I suddenly become his girlfriend after my break up they think that I was also cheating behind Amarmohan back.

Even though, he cheated on me first....

So we decided, to let the noble and Amarmohan that I fall in love in Akalbir in first sight when we dance. And after a few months we will declare that I was his girlfriend.

My dad just nodded his head and look out the window. After a few days, after I break up with Amarmohan something was bothering me.

'Why did my father did not support Amarmohan when he so intelligent and brilliant?'

"Is there something bothering you?"

Dad suddenly ask me. His red eyes that look mine look at my eyes and his face was serious. 'Did he read my mind?'

"No, I didn't read your mind. It just you lost in thought."

He answered to my question. My face must have been that obvious to read. But this is my chance to asked father.

"I was just wondering, why did you not support Amarmohan when he's intelligent and brilliant, a person that can be a emperor?"

"So that's what your thinking about"

"You're right, Adrienne. His highness was extraordinary even when he was young. He excelled in both knowledge and strength, and he was skilled in many areas."

I carefully listen to him as he tell me, why he didn't support Amarmohan. He continued.

"Plus, he's the son of the empress. So it was pretty much a given that he would be named the crown prince."

In the Amaldeep Empire, all the Emperor's children have equel right to the throne. But of course, the son of the empress has a advantage.

Amarmohan had a supporters behind him the moment he was born. He's talented with a good background. It was obvious that he would be next in line for the throne.

"In the beginning, I also support Prince Amarmohan but I changed my mind midway."

"Eh, why?"

I ask to my dad. I never thought that he will change his mind well it was possible but why?

"Adrienne, in your opinion. What kind of person should succeed the throne?"

"Hmm... Someone who is most suitable for the throne."

"...Right"

"Father, are you saying that Akalbir was more suitable than His highness Amarmohan?"

"That's right."

"If they were just a regular noble family. The Crown Prince would obviously be the heir. But the Imperial family is different."

"Adrienne, what qualities do you think that a Emperor should have to be a good ruler?"

The emperor is like a president. What did I always think when I voted? Hmm... I hoped the country to become a better place to live.

"Someone who cares about his people?"

"Well that is also quality of a good ruler"

'Someone who care about the people is a quality of good ruler that's what I think. But what about dad? Dad is thinking of something different...' Then perhaps..

"Someone who has a good eyes for judging people...?"

"!" My dad look shock but smile to me.

"When I thought about what ruler would need that isn't necessary for a regular noble. I thought of delegating task's for suitable people." I said with a smile

"That's right, Adrienne. The Emperor doesn't need to excel in all areas because an Emperor should have talented people under him." My father continue

" Delegating people to the position that suit their talent, that is the quality an Emperor must have. The Crown Prince Amarmohan was excellent in all areas but he didn't know how to handle people."

"Prince Akalbir was different. He knew what he lacked and he knew how to listen to others. His Majesty was also concerned since he had already decided on the heir."

"But he made a decision in the end. He decided to choose the one who was most suitable."

"Do you understand now why I support Akalbir, Adrienne?"

"Yes, Dad."

Akalbir has a good eye of judging people and how to communicate with others. He knew if he can trust someone or not. Even he's the son of concubine, who don't have a support since he's born. He prove his self enough, that he's the most suitable for the throne.