Chapter 13: The Secret is Out

Start from the beginning

Her friends, family, life and whatever else comes with it.

"Zayn? How do you know Melanie?" Harry just asked me.

"It's a long story, Mate." I manage to get out.

"I have time. I'm all ears." He responds.

Well, here goes nothing.

"Well, a few years back I was kind of in a depressed stage. The only thing I had in my life was music."

He nodded his head for me to continue.

***

-Melanie's POV-

This story hurts to say out loud. All of the memories came rushing back.

"It started off like any other night. I had found an alley to sleep in and crawled into a cardboard box."

She still looks in shock. A wave of guilt rolled over me for not telling her.

"I managed to get about an hour of sleep when something woke me. A dark masculine body was shaking me to wake me up."

She went wide-eyed at this point.

"The strong body dragged me out of my 'home' and started to repeatedly hit me.

I remember the figure saying to me 'Why did you leave? I had to. I had to! She was a problem. I had to fix it!' So, I realized it was my dad."

Claire looked completely in shock. I was worried she was going to pass out or something!

But I continued.

***

-Harry's POV-

"Well, a few years back I was kind of in a depressed stage. The only thing I had in my life was music."

Zayn started. I had no idea he had depression before! I nodded my head for him to continue.

"Well, most nights, I would sneak out to see what opportunities were there for me. I would have to pass through some pretty dangerous areas though."

I can't believe what I am hearing.

"For the most part, I had to go through a lot of allies. See a lot of homeless people."

"One night, I decided to take a new route, one to maybe even more new and better opportunities could be awaiting."

"Why haven't you told me any of this before?" I blurted out, not thinking.

"Let me finish first." He simply responded.

I nodded in agreement.

"As I walked down this Ally, I heard loud screams for help. I panicked and started to run away from the noise. But something led me to go back to the helpless voice of a victim."

Where is this going? He could've gotten hurt!

" I turned around and came across a drop-dead-gorgeous girl getting beaten very severely by a man twice her size."

Melanie.... It all clicks now!

"She looked so helpless and afraid. I had to do something, so I grabbed the man and threw him off of her. This didn't really help my cause, though."

Oh Shit. What now!?

"He just came back and tackled me. So I turned around and punched him in the jaw as hard as I could. He fell to the ground, in pain. So, I punched him square in the face and knocked him out."

Thank God he didn't hurt himself!

"Only to turn around to see the Angelic figure behind me scared to death. All she did was run up to me and cry into my Chest. I held her tight that night, and took her in."

I smiled. "That a boy!" I said winking.

He chuckled but quickly changed the subject.

"And that night was the night I fell hard for Melanie Rose Parker."

***

-Melanie's POV-

I explained to her how my night and shiny armor saved the day, and my life.

I told her how, he gave me compassion, kindess, and my life back.

I told her how I fell in love with that guy.

But, most importantly, I told her that the guy I was talking about had a name, everyone knew.

Zayn.

**

A/N

Alright! I tried to make this longer, like a lot longer!

Also! I know this is a Harry Styles fan fiction! But, I wanted to put some drama in there!

Don't worry though! Harry and Claire time will be coming up!

Anyways! What do you guys think about Zayn and Melanie?!

If you have any thoughts, comment them! Please no hate though!

Once again, I love my readers and I am pleased to say that I have over 200 reads now!!!!!!! I didn't even think I would get 10!

Well, comment, vote, and fan me! Thanks Guys!

~Emma