"Morg..." She said shocked.

"No Del, I have needed to tell you this for a long time so listen. I looked at me against you and thought why would she ever want me? Why would she contaminate her perfection with me? So I ended it...I thought it best if I pushed you away, kept you at arms length so you would not become ugly."

"Morg...I never even...why?" Del asked placing her hand on my cheek.

"Because that is what he told me, that I was a freak of nature. That the only reason he spent time with me was to get in my pants to say he did it. He said he nearly could not get it up because of how ugly I was." I couldn't hold it any more and the tear broke the damn. Del tried to catch me but I slid to the floor landing hard in my knee as I sobbed.

She knelt down with me and her tears joined my own. Now she knew it, now she knew why I ripped her heart out. Would she forgive me? Would she still feel the same about me after all of this was said and done? Could I forgive myself for hurting her so deeply? I did to her what he had done to me, and I did it without even trying.

As our breathing calmed and and our tears dried I said, "I am sorry I ruined your dinner." I said with a small laugh.

"Well you will just have to make it up to me." She said with a sniffle and a laugh.

"Name it." I said seriously.

"You naked in my bed, no naughty business, just sleep like we used to." She said smiling.

"I will agree to if gladly, I just want to know one thing." I said touching her face.

"What?"

"Can you forgive me for being such and idiot?" I asked softly.

"You are the literal reason I breath every day. I would not be alive now if it was not for your bone still inside of me! I will always forgive you, care for you, and love you. If you told me to break it off with Lucas and marry you instead, I would drag you in front of the council tonight." She smirked then and continued, "I will always be your willing booty call." We burst into laughter holding each other tight. I felt freer then I had ever before.

"You have no idea how much hearing you say that lifts my heart." I whispered in her ear.

"I just wish Clarence wasn't dead. I kind of want to make him slowly bleed out of ever pore now." Del said frowning.

"Wait that was him!"

"Yea, his ID was in his wallet. Nasty business, some people are saying that is what is causing the council to ask for all that information."

"That is because it is Del. Did they find any clues at the scene?" I asked getting up and heading for my phone.

"That is the weird part, there was no trace of magic, all his money and jewelry was gone, and the cuts were professional." She said trailing after me.

"Was this the first body?" I asked as I flipped through my contacts.

"It was the only one that was found why?" She asked confused.

"Because Del I may know who is doing it and why." I found his number and hit call. The phone rang, and rang, and rang. "Damnit Conner pick up..."

I was just about to end the call when I heard the gravel voice come across the line. "Lass I thought I told ye to for get abut us."

"Conner he is not dead..."

"Ack horse shite we watched 'im burn Lass. Ain't a way in the world he could be alive." Conner said and I heard him spit.

"No magic missing heart and bones. Professional cutting, and I will give me left teet that the pinkie toe was left." I said the Scottish brogue trying to creep in.