𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

I skipped breakfast and went straight to the track. I had to prepare myself for the day. I took my work phone and posted a Instagram story on Red Bulls Instagram. I was editing some photos from the free practice yesterday in a office room.

"Amalia, what is this?", My dad said to me and showed me his phone.

» Christian Horner's daughter spotted with both Ferrari drivers «
And a photo where Carlos, Charles, Isa and I are sitting in a restaurant.

"It's nothing Dad. I just eat dinner with Isabel and the boys joined us."

"And why the hell are you hanging out with Carlos Sainz' girlfriend?"

"Because we are Friends?"

"Amalia, I already told you that you're here to work. Not to make friends and have fun. Stop hanging out with them. It only brings bad light to us. Act professional damn it!", he got louder and angrier.

"Okay. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Good! And now focus on work!", he said and walked away.

I watched him walk away and as I was alone I got up and locked the door.

"I hate you!", I screamed and my tears started to run down my checks.

I don't even know why I'm crying but he makes me so angry. I'm a grown up now and he still treats me like a child.

I calmed down and unlocked the door. I packed my things in my bag and walked to the entry of the motorhome.

"Hey Lia.", Max said as he was also walking out.

"Hey.", I said and didn't look at him.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Everything is fine. Perfectly fine.", I said and walked with him to his garage.

"Whats on the plan for today?", he asked me.

"After the second free practice you'll have the press conference before the qualifying. Then after the qualifying is a bunch of interviews."

"Is everything okay? You seemed to be in a bad mood."

"I am. My dad gets on my nerves."

"He asked you about the pictures from yesterday?"

"Yes."

"Well, you have to understand him. A lot of people think you could betray us because you were with them yesterday."

"I never would do it! Am I not allowed to have friends just because they are on the opposing team?", I said angrily.

"Of course you are. But you have to be aware that people will talk."

"I am. But it gets on my nerves. Just because I get along with them doesn't mean I betray you. Neither of them will learn anything about Red Bull from me.", I said and he just nodded.

"I believe you. I would never think that of you. You know it, right?"

"I know."

"You are important to me, Amalia.", he said and hugged me.

"You are important to me too, Max.", I said and wrapped my arms around him. We stayed like that for a few minutes and I enjoyed it. Max has always had a calming effect on me because he knows exactly how the relationship with my father affects me mentally.

"I have to go, princess. We can spend the evening together and watch some movies.", he said and gave me a kiss on my head.

Why did he do that? And why did he call me princess?