The Following Week

NO ONE

The week following was quiet but needed. They had to adjust to their new homes and grieve their parents deaths.

The "Sinister Six" found themselves forgetting about how their parents died and focussed on themselves which was so necessary.

Denis and Cory had never been closer... literally. They live in the same street.

Nadine spends most of her time with Lexy at parks or beaches.

Jake and Devon had been isolating. Neither of them reached out despite the longing and emptiness felt by both.

They didn't even know each others addresses. Jake had a text prepared to send to Devon but he never did. Devon on the other hand was waiting for some kind of sign. Anything. But then he had an insecurity, floating in the back of his brain. "Maybe Jake has given up on me."

JAKE

My foster family's cool. My new parents are barely around but my new brother Gary is so innocent and I will do anything to protect that.

Gary : Jake, there's a girl here to see you.

Gary said, peaking his head into my door.

A blonde judas pushed to door open.

Lexy : Bitch, get up! We have revenge to seek.

Jake : You're back to talking to me?

Lexy : What you did was very wrong but you are not gonna sit here and let life pass you by, so come on, let's go!

She basically dragged me out of bed.

Jake : Where are we even going?!

Lexy : Everyone's waiting outside!

Everyone? Even Devon?

The question floating in my mind. I stopped us at a mirror and fixed my hair.

Lexy : Come on!

Jeez! What's so important?!

We hurried out the front door and Devon was there... I mean, so was everyone else but-

Cory : Jeez finally! You can jerk off later, we have things to do!

Jake : Yeah! Everyone keeps saying that, what things??

Denis : We're gonna kill Chucky.

I glared at Denis, scared.

Denis : Oh yeah, Cory and Nadine told me.

Jake : right...

Well now we all know I guess?

Jake : What are we killing him with?

Denis reached into his backpack and pulled out a blow torch and deodorant.

Denis : I have a flame thrower, my dads old gun, then a baseball bat and a crowbar.