Malleable

JAKE

I yawned and slowly opened my eyes. I rubbed them and noticed a sleeping Devon next to me.

He looks adorable.

I can't really describe how he makes me feel. I like him, I really like him.

I like him so much it genuinely hurts.

I better get going before that... doll? I don't know what it is, gets angry.

I sneak out, hoping I didn't wake Devon or his mother. She never really liked me.

I walked home with my mind being clouded in a way that gives you a headache behind your eyes.

That doll wants me to kill Lexy. Sometimes I think I want to. I look in the mirror and I don't like what I see staring back at me, a monster.

I've always had this... surly behaviour. As though there was two me's behind my eyes.

I have demented thoughts.

I cannot ruin Devon. If I ever put him in harms way... I'm afraid of what I might do to myself as punishment.

All these thoughts passed the time because now I was outside my house.

DEVON

I guess Jake had to leave because I woke up to an absence.

I asked him out last night and he said yes.

We are officially boyfriend and... boyfriend.

My excitement beamed through my aura and my smile was it in a physical form.

My Ecstasy was cut out by my mother walking in.

Kimberly : Hey kiddo, how was your day yesterday?

Devon : It was... uneventful. You?

Kimberly : Don't lie to me boy!

Devon : Mom, I'm not lying?!

She pulled put her phone, unlocked it and got up a photo.

Kimberly : What is this?!

She shoved the phone in my face. It was from Juniors live... where me and Jake kissed.

Devon : Mom-

Kimberly : You are no son of mine! Either get out of this house or I'll throw you out.

Devon : Mom! I'm sixteen! Where am I supposed to go?

Kimberly : Go to your fag of a boyfriends house.

Devon : He is more my family than you ever will be!

Kimberly : Don't you dare speak to your mother that way!

Devon : You are a terrible mother. The fact that I came out of someone like you makes me want to kill myself! I fucking detest you. Having the same last name as you is a fucking insult. When I think of a time that I was happy you are never there, in fact, when have you ever done anything for me? Dad was lucky enough to die and get an early escape but I'm still stuck here with you. Stop blaming me for all of your problems because at the end of the day, you are a bad person and the fact that you are what birthed me makes me sick to my stomach. I hate you and I wish it was you and not dad. As for leaving I'll happily do so.