Chapter 32/ Closure

It had been a month since you awoke from your coma.

A month since Akutagawa up and left without a word.

Tachihara, Gin, and Higuchi have luckily been there for you. Their presence making you almost forget about Akutagawa as a whole.

You missed him, you hated him. No you hated the situation.

You couldn't be mad at a man for doing something he warned you multiple times he'd do. You couldn't hate the man who saved you, and put his life on the line for you multiple times.

You couldn't hate him, but oh did you hate the situation.

After talking to the three about it they too came to a similar conclusion as you.

That he is busy, a huge dick....

Or someone or thing made him do it.

You went over the possibilities with them. You told them about some things he said, how he acted, and compared to all that it wouldn't be like him to just leave.

Unless he was so worried about losing you that he got scared and fled for both of your sakes.

Though one thing you all did agree on was it wasn't right for him to not talk to you first, to even go as far as leaving you on read.

---

You were in the main lobby of the PM. You currently in casual discussion with Kouyou about Chuuya.

You were telling her about how he helped save you from the insane maniac that used you as a pon for his own game.

Kouyou in return telling you about what it was like working with him when he first joined the Port Mafia.

While you listened to her talk, you could pick up on the heavy mother tone in her voice. Each time she praised him her face lit up and smiled, one like a mother would.

"Well, I gotta go, I have some business to attend to downtown." Kouyou said, a warm smile on her face as she rose from her seat.

You smiled back at her, a bigger smile soon following suit as she placed a hand on your shoulder.

"And remember dear, take care of yourself, alright?"

You knew she said this to make sure you didn't let Akutagawa's absence eat you alive.

"Thank you Kouyou, I will do that." You said, nodding as you stood up as well.

She soon waved as she headed out the PM doors, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

You started to head back to your room, it being about 10pm so you were beat.

"Wow, we talked for a while." You mumbled to yourself. Looking down at the time on your phone.

Though as you walked you bumped into a figure ahead, the sound of something dropping filling your ears.

You quickly looking up to apologize to whoever you accidentally inconvenienced, though your mouth hung open instead, your blood running cold.

"Watch it you-! Oh-" you heard come from the figure's mouth, his face looking paler and more strained than usual.

You quickly moved around him to continue your way to your room, anger and hurt filling your chest all over again.

Akutagawa was back, he was right there. Just a word away from an answer to put an end to all your stress, but you couldn't handle it right now.

You weren't ready.