Chapter 23/ Shopping

"It won't be that bad, okay?" You said, a sigh escaping your lips.

"Oh really?" He said, his voice monotone as he spoke.

"Mhm, now come on and let's get this over with." You spoke, dragging the poor man along the shop.

Akutagawa hated being here more than anything. Though since he doesn't normally go to fancy occasions he needs to find something suitable, or like you said, deal with whatever Mori has provided.

Which would be even more humiliating then being here.

You two walked around for what felt like forever, your eyes wondering as you looked through all the possibilities.

There were a lot of nice options, but some were way too much for either of you.

Though there were some good options you would have loved to see Akutagawa in.

You figured Akutagawa would be picky, though that was a huge understatement.

Everything that you showed him he'd turn down, even the more simple attires.

No matter what you just couldn't find anything that would strike his fancy.

Though to your luck you eventually found one that appealed to the man.

One that you never would have guessed he'd like.

It was a subtle but also out there look, the attire consisting of a black cape and purple flower. The black vest with light purple/blue frills adding the perfect contrast of color.

It was beautiful, and honestly made you jealous.

"So you do have taste.~" you teased, your gaze admiring the outfit ahead.

"I never said I didn't." He responded, a slight scoff in his voice. Though you knew it was his attempt at trying to joke back.

"Well you should go try it on, to see if it fits that is." You said, your hand coming up to your chin as you looked for a dressing room.

"I know how this works." He responded, moving to grab the attire before walking off to try it on.

As Akutagawa did his thing you looked around for any possible attires for you.

It was nearly impossible, the struggle of deciding between what look you wanted to go for overwhelming you.

Though eventually you did find something. A black with blue accented attire ahead of you.

(It being a dress or tux for whatever you feel comfortable with)

As you moved to grab the attire you noticed the door to the dressing room open, expecting to see Akutagawa back in his normal attire.

You didn't think he was the type to show off the outfit once trying it on, and instead would just look in the mirror and change back.

But to your surprise he was still dressed in the fancy attire, the outfit complimenting him perfectly.

"O-oh hey! It looks nice on you!" You said, your face turning a bit red as you spoke.

Damnit calm down Y/N! You're going to make him uncomfortable! You thought to yourself, taking a deep breath as you regained composure.

"Thanks." He said, his gaze scanning the attire on him once more. "Did you finally find something?"

"Uh, ya I did. What do you think?" You said as you held up the chosen outfit, your body tense as you awaited his response.

"It's nice, now hurry up and try it on so we can go." He said, turning to go back into the changing room to change again.

The fact that he even said it was nice meant a lot, the man was always blunt and would tell you exactly what he was thinking. So you knew you made a good choice.

You made your way into the second changing room, your heart racing as you thought about what would happen when you showed the man.

Would he think it's bad? Or would he just say it's fine? Or maybe he'd think it looks great. You thought, the last possibility causing you to get flustered.

You eventually finished getting everything on, taking a deep breath as you left the room.

Akutagawa was standing there waiting, an annoyed express resting on his face.

Though to your surprise you noticed a change flicker in his expression, like he was caught off guard by you walking out.

You even noticed an ever so slight shade of pink form on his cheeks, causing you to get flustered all over again.

"Well?" You said, nervousness lacing your voice.

"It's nice, it suits you." He said, looking away from you as he spoke. "Now get changed, I want to leave now."

"Alright alright." You said, chuckling a little as you went back in to change.

He actually liked it. He even blushed at you
Y/N, even if it was only slightly. You thought to yourself, confusion on how that was possible filling your mind.

You quickly got changed and headed out to meet Akutagawa. You two quickly checking out before leaving the store.

"That wasn't as bad as we thought." You joked, looking at the man as you two walked.

"Ya, it was worse." He said, his tone slightly lighter then usual.

You laughed at his words, shaking your head as you spoke. "Oh really? How so?"

"Because it just was." He replied, his gaze staying glued to whatever was ahead of you two.

"Fair point." You joked back, a slight chuckle your lips.

There was a slight smile from the man, his head shaking lightly as you two continued to walk.

As you made it back you could tell Akutagawa's mood shift slightly again. His demeanor become more alert and ready.

"What time were we supposed to leave again?" You said, turning to face the man.

"Eight." He said, his voice monotone once again.

"Alright then, we should get ready before we are late." You said, handing the man his bag before heading off to get changed.

Hopefully tonight goes well, and maybe I even get a chance to hang out with Akutagawa.