Chapter 5/ What Are You, The Mafia's Dog?

"Huh? Why is there a wall here?" You mumbled to yourself in a sleepy tone. You had tried getting out of bed but some wall was in the way.

Oh ya. You thought to yourself, remembering where you were. You weren't back in your king sized bed at home, but instead a twin sized bed against a wall in a Port Mafia cell.

You huffed and rolled off the other side of the bed, standing as you examined your surroundings. The room was quite pleasant for a place used just to hold captives.

You let out another sigh as you walked into the connected bathroom. You quickly took a shower and brushed your teeth with the provided material.

Thank God they gave you that privilege. You thought.

By the time you were walking out of the bathroom the door to your room opened. Standing on the other side was an annoyed looking Akutagawa.

"What do you want?" You said, taking a step towards the man, making sure there was still a good bit of distance between you two.

"I was ordered to bring you food. So here." Akutagawa said curtly, setting the food down on the table by the door.

"What? you can't hand it to me?" You said in an attempt to tease the man.

At this point it's all you can do without being killed to get back at him for having you locked up.

"Yes" is all Akutagawa said back in response.

You rolled your eyes and frowned heading over to grab your food from the table, looking at the man as you did to make sure he didn't try anything.

He just watched you, his expression seemingly blank and unreadable as he examined you for any chance you may try something.

As you grabbed your food you took some steps back to add more distance between you two again, a sigh escaping your lips as you took a bite of your given toast. "So, what do you have planned for me today?" You asked the man.

"Whatever I'm told to do."

"So you don't... Make your own choices?"

"I do, but only if it benefits the Mafia. Otherwise I take orders."

"So you're like that Mori guy's dog then right?" You said sarcastically, your head tilting to the side in curiosity as you took another bite of your food.

Akutagawa's face shifted a little, like he was remembering something that wasn't all to pleasant. "I am not! I'm just a loyal member of the mafia that's all!" Akutagawa said, definitely irritated at your words, like being called such a name was a reminder of something he didn't want to remember.

"Well it kinda seems like it, but who am I to judge... Not like I've ever been in a Mafia before." You said, your shoulders coming up in a shrug as you continued to eat.

Akutagawa let out a "tch" at your words, his hand coming up to cover a cough.

"But aren't you like, called the devil's hound or something? You're like a myth to some people." You said, genuinely wondering why he didn't like being called a dog.

"I said I'm not some pet damnit!" Akutagawa retorted, letting out an annoyed huff.

"Okay okay... I was just asking." You replied, looking away from the man.

Akutagawa only clicked his tongue in response, saying nothing else as he proceeded to just stand there watching you as you ate.

"Why are you just standing there? Can't I eat in peace?!" You said, rolling your eyes.