Chapter Twentynine: Stupid Cupid xox

Saul's arms were the first thing I felt around me as I woke up, I didn't want to wake him so I wiggled from his grip and headed to the bathroom

Saul's arms were the first thing I felt around me as I woke up, I didn't want to wake him so I wiggled from his grip and headed to the bathroom. Todays the day I start my new job, I was talking to Michelle who is the manager down at the whiskey. She said their short on staff so I took her job offer. Mainly because I'm almost 2 months behind on rent and I don't know how long I can stay here, it's only me. And the up keep of this house cost most of my monthly income.

I've been thinking about the playboy letter, I want to do it but why do they want me? I'm no where near good enough to be on the front of playboy magazine.

I brushed the thoughts to the back of my head and jumped in the shower.

I let the water cascade down down my body, thinking about the words Saul had said to me last night.

I love you

Does he or were they just drunken words he spilled. I don't want to be here when he wakes up, afraid of an argument erupting. I finished up in the shower, I'll wash my hair after my shift as I lm running out of time. Throwing some comfy but appropriate clothes on, I check on Saul who was sprawled out on the bed his hair tangled in his face fast asleep, finally I left the house on my way to start my first of many 12 hour shifts.

-
The air was thick with the smell of alcohol and sweat, the music pounding so loud it was hard to hear myself think. I peered down to my watch, checking the numbers , nine thirteen. Four more hours in this shit hole, just four more hours I tell my self.

I finished washing and drying the last of the glasses and went back to serving.

"What can I get for ya" i smiled, wiping my hands on the apron loosely tied around my waist.

"I'll take a whiskey" the grey bearded man gave me an uncomfortable smile.

"No problem" I say, walking to the back to retrieve a whiskey glass.

"Old Danny giving ya a hard time?" Michelle nodded over to the man I had served moments ago.

"Nope, just another weird old dude I can handle" i huff pouring the brown liquid into the glass before throwing in 2 ice cubes.

"Here" I place the glass in front of him "that'll be two fifty" I smile, tapping a few buttons on the register and depositing his coins inside.

"Hey I gotta few guys in one of those a booths back there, will ya serve em?" Michelle asks, she continues on as I secure my hair in a claw clip "I'd do it myself but I'm all caught up with these guys" she motions to the three drunks stood before her.

"Sure no problem" i reply, throwing the dirty cloth bag in the sink.

I finished up serving the last customer, all they ordered was a shot of vodka so it didn't take too long. Next thing, I was on my way over to the booth.

"Can I get you boys any drinks-oh" my smile fell.

"Well hello to you too Mia" Axl smirked, the rest of the boys were smiling up at me and Saul, well he didn't even look at me.once.