Chapter eight: tattoos and tequila shots

Saul and I had gotten out of the bath, dried off and put some comfy clothes on, I threw on my over sized van Halen tee and some little shorts

We had gotten under the warm covers and I cuddled up to him.

"So Mr guitarist, tell me a little bit more about your band" I smiled

"Well we have an album coming out soon, "appetite for destruction" which is pretty big" his eyes full of joy

"That's amazing, I better be invited to the album realise party" I said sarcastically

" of course you, Lola will be there to I presume, I mean her a duff are full steam ahead I see" he said

"Yeah i guess they are, I haven't even spoken to her recently, god that make me feel like shit" I sighed

"Hey don't feel like that, Lola will understand once you decide to tell her" he smiled softly kissing my shoulder

-------------------------
I woke up, still wrapped in Saul's arms, the sun shining through the crack of my curtains, when suddenly loud knocking came from my front door.

SHIT it's 11am my grandparents are picking me up at 11 shit shit shit.

I leaped out of bed,still tangled in the covers managing to fall to the ground waking slash up.

"What's the rush" slash smirked as my T-shirt had rolled up revealing my underwear.

"Fuck no slash's stop, my grandmother is about to walk through that door any minute I don't have time for this" i hissed

"Ouch" he sighs covering his face with the pillow.

I stumbled around getting ready, doing my hair and makeup brushing my teeth till I was finally presentable.

"Okay I'll be no more then an hour, I'll see you later" I practically ran out my door and flew down stairs nearly falling in the process.

I grabbed my boots and purse and unlocked the door.

"Hello granny!"

--------------------------

I slammed the door behind me, threw my keys in the glass dish and collapsed on the sofa. Seeing my grandparents was nice an all but having to arrange the funeral of my father. Was not so nice.

I heard the sounds of guitar strings being pulled coming from my bedroom, I guess slash is still here?

I took my boots off and threw my bag near the door, tiredly dragging my self upstairs.

I opened my bedroom door and there he was. His curls dropped over his face, a cigarette between his lips and my acoustic guitar laying across his naked chest while he tugged on the strings. I laid in the bed next to him. My face turned toward him, I could sit here and admire him forever.

"I see you found my guitar" I smiled

" yeah I kinda got bored or rooting threw your pantie draw" he laughed

I let out a gasp, hitting him playfully in the arm

"You're so fucking gross you hear me" I laugh

"I'm kidding baby" he leant over to me, placing the guitar on the side of the bed while our lips met, I pulled away before it got too heated.

"So how did it go" he smiled

"Oh you know, as well as planning your dads funeral can go I guess" I curled my lips into a frown.

"I'm sorry Mia" he pulled me into his arms.

"It's fine, I'll be okay sooner or later I guess"

-

"So are you ready" he asked

" ready for what?" Had I forgotten something?

"The tats remember" he nudged my arm

" oh shit,let's go"
----

We got to the tattoo shop I guess slash knew the guys there because he took us to the back pretty much right away, I had been thinking mostly all night and this morning about what I wanted to get tatted, so I thought it would only be right to get one in honour of my dad.

Slash went first, he got a tattoo for guns like the rest of the band had on his bicep, then it was my turn.

" tequila shot?" The tattoo artist asked me, while holding a bottle of the liquor in his hand.sure why not I thought, I downed the burning liquor and took my shirt off leaving me in my bra, I was kinda nervous but also felt safe knowing slash was with me, I wanted the tattoo on my collarbone so I laid down in the chair nervously waiting.

"Hey" slash said while grabbing my hand "you'll be okay"

I shot him a smile, the guy asked if I was ready and I said sure, I mean what else was I meant to do at the point right?

I felt the needle hit my skin and the pain was worse than I thought it would be, I winced at the stinging till my skin went numb,the rest I couldn't really feel, thank the lords for tequila.

"Okay your all done" the artist said slipping away from his chair. I stood up and looked in the mirror

" wow, I- I love it thanks so much man" I kinda felt a bit teary eyed, the tattoo was a lyric from my dad's favourite song "love me tender" a song wich he made me listen to almost every day growing up.

We paid the guy and went back to my place.

"Everyone's going down to the whiskey tonight if you wanna go,Lola will be there but if you don't wanna it's" slash spoke but I cut him off

"I'd love to, I can't let this consume my life, my dads in a much better place than this hell hole and I know he'd want me to be happy" I smiled

" you're one of the stronger people I've ever met em, I admire that about you yanno" slash pulled me into a hug

" em?" I questioned

"Yep it's your new nickname from now on" he laughed and so did I.

"Hey slash" he tilted his head down to meet my eyes

"I admire you too" I placed a soft kiss on his lips

"Now let's get moving if you want us to go out I need to start getting ready right now!" I slipped alway from his grip and ran to the bathroom turning the shower on.