49

Beyoncé's POV
Home
March 7

"Are you guys ready?" I asked whilst grabbing my keys.

"Ready when you are." Kelly replied.

I headed out and got in my car. Onika climbed into the passenger seat after getting both of the kids in the car.

The drive to our destination was a very long one.

My mama was in her car with Trent. Destiny was in her own car by herself. Brandy and her family were in the car ahead of us. Kelly, Tim and their kids were ahead of them.

I wore some cream slacks and a cream turtleneck. Onika wore a cream pantsuit. Everyone else also dressed up a little for the occasion.

Onika was definitely nervous, but she had no reason to be as nervous as she was. The sooner we got this done and over, the better chance we had of intercepting Nasir.

Yes, he was Zamora's biological father. But his intents didn't feel genuine. There wasn't any stopping him, not in the way I wanted to. If he wanted to see his daughter, I didn't have a right to stop him.

Although, legally I had custody of Zamora, my morals wouldn't allow me to keep him from his daughter. She was my daughter too. I loved her too much to hold this back from her.

I could see Onika getting jittery, the closer we got. I took a hold of her hand and brought it to my lips. I repeatedly pecked it as a way of reassurance.

"We will do the real thing once we get past this hurdle." I told her. "You'll have the big Cinderella wedding that you've secretly always dreamed of."

"I know." She released a shakey breath, looking ahead.

"Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." Nilaya danced in her car seat.

"Yes?" Onika turned.

"I love you." She sang.

"I love you more, cupcake." Onika smiled, looking back at our baby.

I glanced through the rear view mirror to Zamora. She busied herself with a book. I knew that she knew something was up.

Obviously, I couldn't tell her. Not without Onika's permission because it just wasn't my place.

"Mora." I called. She looked up, waiting for me to say something else. "What are you reading?"

"Charlotte's Webb." She read the cover to make sure she was right. Both Onika and I smiled.

"Can you read it out loud for us?" I requested. I knew that would definitely settle Onika's mood if everyone else around her was calm.

"From the start?" She asked.

"No, just where you left off. I don't want you to have to restart your book." I told her.

She started reading and Nilaya looked straight to her, listening intently. Onika relaxed in her seat. By the time we got to the courthouse, Zamora had finished the book.

Nilaya was fast asleep and Onika wasn't nervous anymore. We got out of the car and got the kids out. Everyone else was already here, so we all just headed inside.