32

Onika's POV
Home
November 1

"Bey, we're almost done. Just sit down." I told Beyoncé, who was acting like a child.

"But my head hurts." She whined before sitting between my legs.

"Maybe if you stopped complaining every step of the way, we'd be done by now." I told her and started straightening her hair.

She stopped complaining and sat still. I got through all of her hair and massaged her scalp with some hair oil. After that, I tied her hair into a slick ponytail.

Once I was done, she got up and went to go put on some other clothes. I did the same, putting on some black leggings and a black shirt. I threw a green jacket over it.

When Beyoncé was finally ready. We left and took Nilaya to her mama's house. Zamora was at school, so we weren't too worried about her whereabouts.

Beyoncé drove us the whole time. So the location of our date was a complete surprise for me. I knew it wasn't a regular lunch date because she asked me to dress down.

She pulled up to what looked like a field. The closer I looked, the more interesting it became. There were at least a dozen people out there already.

I looked in the other direction and there was a large building.

"We don't need to bring anything, so don't." Beyoncé explained and unbuckled her seatbelt. I did the same and hopped out of the car. I kept my phone in my jacket pocket though.

We both started walking, two guards walking behind us. She took a hold of my hand and we walked to the entrance.

The people at the reception area let us through when they saw us.

It was crazy seeing the power and connections that Beyoncé had, playing out. All she had to do was walk into a room and people sat up. She commanded respect by simply breathing. I aspired to have the same affect on people one day.

She guided me to an empty room. There was a glass screen and the door was shut behind us.

My eyes darted around the room, looking into the minor details. I looked to the table behind us and there were headphones and large goggles.

"What is this place?" I asked. There were signs outside the room but I didn't get to read them.

"Shooting range." Beyoncé simply said. She handed me the glasses and I put them on. "This is the stuff that you need so that you're safe whilst shooting."

"Where is your gear?" I asked as she handed me the headphones.

"I'm used to it but I'll put mine on, just for you." She told me. I smiled watching as she ordered someone to get her the same gear.

Her process of putting it on was a lot smoother than mine. Lastly, I put the headphones on and she guided me to what looked like a booth.

The glass opened and I could see everything on the other side much clearer. There were the targets in the shape of people as well as circular targets.

"Which gun do you want to start with?" She asked me. I took the headphones off and turned to her.

"Is this safe?" I asked.

"I'd never take you anywhere where you wouldn't be safe, Nicki." She cupped my face and pecked my lips.

I thought for a second. "What are the options?"

"Come see." We intertwined her fingers and she guided me to another table with different types of guns. "The bigger ones are for when we go outside."

"This one looks safe." I pointed to a smaller one.

Drunk In LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara