43

chapter 42 was the calm before the storm🥳🥳

Onika's POV
Home
February 16

As we went through some baby photos of both of the kids, there was a lingering feeling in both Beyoncé and I.

I got distracted when I came across a photo of Nasir holding Zamora when she was at least 2 months old. I stared at the photo, completely forgetting my surroundings.

"Do you want me to check?" Beyoncé asked, taking me out of my bubble.

"No, I want to check. Then I'll show you." I said to her, whilst stuffing the photo at the bottom of the pile. "Wait, let's both check."

"Now?"

"No, in a minute."

"You look so nervous." Beyoncé chuckled. "You think it's going to say no?"

"I know it's going to say yes." I responded. "I missed my period."

"Isn't your period late sometimes?"

"Beyoncé, I just know. Trust me." I took a hold of her hands. Our faces came closer together and my lips melted into hers. We pulled away with smiles on our faces. "I know I am pregnant."

We kept looking through baby photos for a few more minutes, before we decided to go check the tests. Beyoncé quickly grabbed the home video camcorder and we entered our bathroom.

"We really needed all of these tests?" Beyoncé recorded them then me. I gave her a look behind the camera and she just laughed.

"I'm going to flip them without looking then we can both look. Ok?" I explained to her. She flipped the camera to herself and nodded her head.

I flipped them all and did a countdown for us to look. When we did, I jumped up in excitement. It took Beyoncé a second to react but she was so happy. Even happier than I was.

She carefully laid the camera down and we both started jumping up and screaming. My body melted into her arms when she embraced me.

"We're having a baby!" She cheered.

"We're having a baby." I reiterated after she put me down.

"Let me see the sticks again." Beyoncé moved over, with her arm still wrapped around my waist. She looked at each individual stick and smiled harder with each one. "We're actually pregnant."

"We?"

"Yes." She rolled her eyes. "We're going to be on the same pregnancy cravings. The only difference is you're carrying the baby."

"Oh ok." I smiled. We shared another kiss before leaving the bathroom. She made sure to grab the camcorder.

She filmed us going through baby stuff.

"We'll buy new stuff." Beyoncé insisted.

"We need to buy some neutral stuff." I suggested. "Whites, blacks, beige."

"For which stuff?"

"For the little onesies and bodysuits." I explained, whilst folding Nilaya's old baby stuff. "I want to buy a lot more baby stuff than we did for the twins."