13

Onika's POV
Home
May 22

"So tell me again what you signed me up for?" I asked Zamora. I leaned on the counter beside me and looked over at my daughter.

"I told my teacher that you can bake cupcakes for the bake sale." She spoke whilst biting her nails.

"Really?"

"Well, you do bake." She guiltily looked down at her feet. "So I thought you wouldn't mind baking some cupcakes."

"Zamora, define 'some'." I tilted my head. "Because to me 'some' is like a dozen, but to you that's like a hundred."

"I knew you wouldn't mind." She smiled.

"Girl, go do your homework." I dismissed her and she skipped away. I shook my head and went through the cabinets.

Now I had to make a hundred cupcakes for her school bake sale because she volunteered me. Since I knew I'd be in here a while, I called my best friends.

"How may I help you?" Robyn spoke. I quickly turned it into a video call so we could all see each other.

"I missed you." I cheesed into the camera.

"I missed you more." Lauren responded, before Robyn could.

"How's Solo?" I asked Robyn.

"She's good. She has long ass shifts but it's cool because I'm always at the salon anyway." Robyn explained. I nodded my head.

I was happy for them. Solange worked as an intern at one of the best hospitals in America. Robyn was still running her salon and actually opened another location in Manhattan.

They lived together in Manhattan because Solange insisted that they live in the boujee part of New York.

Lauren's life was going great too. Her and Ermias were planning on having a child. They'd been married for 2 years, so they figured it was time.

"How are you and Bey right now?" Lauren asked. They both knew everything that went down. They made sure to cuss me out for what I did, then they gave me solid advice.

"We're on a break." I rolled my eyes. "But co-parenting is fun. If we ever split apart, we'd be good."

"You guys live in the same house, how does that count as coparenting?" Lauren genuinely asked.

"To be honest, I don't know. The only change in our relationship is that we spend less time together."

"I thought you would've said not having sex?" Robyn caught on to that.

"And that too."

"You're still having sex? Damn." Lauren gasped.

We only had sex one time after cheating, so I didn't bother responding to Lauren.

I got everything I needed and set it all up for the baking. I had to make many batches because I only had one cupcake tray.

"Has she accepted your apologies?" Robyn asked.

"She hasn't verbally said she's forgiven me but I feel like she has." I spoke whilst starting the cake mix. "We're so good right now."

We talked for half an hour as I made cake batter and put it into the trays with cupcake lining. I made sure to preheat the oven as I did so, so that the process would be quick.

Once I had the first tray done, I started making the next batter and put the tray in the oven, then I had to do this like 8 more times after.

"When are you coming to New York?" Lauren asked me. "We're down there coming for Mora's birthday, like we did for Laya."