one hundred four

"Felix, you won't believe this! We finally convinced Minho to let us throw him a birthday party this year! So we need your help to make this memorable," Hyunjin says. They're on a video call.

Felix raises a brow. Looks at him in disbelief. 

"Really?!" He asks after he recovers from the shock.

"Yeah, well after years of putting pressure on him, he finally accepted." Hyunjin rolls his eyes dramatically. "Well, Jisung did most of the convincing, though. Of course, how could Minho refuse that?"

"Awh, Minho must love him very much. Oh, I can't wait to finally meet him. Minho's been telling me a lot of good things about him."

Jisung suddenly pops up on Hyunjin's screen. Smiles. "Hellooo! I'm actually right beside Hyunjin! Is it true? Minho talked about me?"

Felix lets out an excited squeal. "Oh! It's nice to finally see you! I'm Minho's brother— and yes, he did talk about you to me! We actually have pretty similar personalities. So I'm sure we'd get along well."

Hyunjin laughs. "Yeah, you guys are both silly and clumsy."

Felix giggles at that. "Let's meet this Sunday to make the plans at my house, okay?" He suggests. To which the two agree to.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - -

Sunday came fast. The three are busy preparing everything. Hyunjin had already bought decorations. Felix had invited all their friends.

Jisung's in the kitchen. He had told Hyunjin and Felix that he would like to bake something for Minho. A cake, perhaps?

But when Hyunjin and Felix entered the kitchen, what they saw left their mouths wide open. There was a complete disaster.

There was flour spread all over the floor. A mountain of dishes was coming out of the sink. The counter was full of ingredients. And there was something that looked like burnt brownies.

But most importantly, Jisung was in the middle of everything. Sniffling.

"I-I'm sorry... I tried making a cake, but it was too hard... Then in the baking handbook you lent me, I saw brownies a-and it looked so much easier... I tried following the steps, but I messed up..."

Felix gives him a supportive pat on the back. "It's okay! If at first, you don't succeed, then just keep trying like I did!"

"Yeah. I remember Felix's first attempt on making brownies. He fucked them up, too." Hyunjin makes no attempt to stifle a laugh.

Felix crosses his arms. "Okay, and?! You still ate them anyway!"

"Because you made them. That's why."

"Wha—" Felix's cheeks flush. He clears his throat. "Don't worry, Jisung. We'll help you out!" He says. Places out everything they need.

Jisung looks over everything. "So um... what do I do?"

Felix laughs. Takes an egg. Hands it to Jisung.

"Here, watch me." With his free hand, he pours the brownie mix into the bowl. Then cracks the egg and lets its contents spill onto the mix.

Jisung does the same. To Felix's surprise. He follows really well.

He hands Jisung a measuring cup with the right amount of milk already in it. "Pour it in." He says. And Jisung does as told.

Felix goes to get the electric mixer. He plugs it in. Sets it on low. Then hands it to Jisung. "You know how to use this?"

Jisung shakes his head. Laughs nervously. "U-Uh... I haven't even held one before... B-But I've watched people on TV use this, though!"

"Oh. Don't worry about that. I'm sure Hyunjin knows how. You can watch and learn from him!" Felix says. Suppresses his laughter.

"This is pretty basic." Hyunjin turns the mixer back on. He slowly inches it into the bowl. And this is where it gets crazy.

He doesn't hold the bowl while whisking. Instead he circles his wrist, sending the chocolate and egg white flying on his shirt.

Jisung and Felix both jump back. Laughs.

Hyunjin quickly turns off the electric mixer. He sets it down on the table. Sends Felix and Jisung an apologetic look.

Felix shakes his head. Smiles. He takes the machine, turns it on, holds the bowl, and shows the two how to do it correctly. When the ingredients were mixed up, he let Jisung try it out too.

With the three having fun, time passed by quickly.

While the brownies were cooking in the oven, Jisung dozed off.

When he woke up, a sweet delicious smell hit his nose. "Oh my— The brownies are done! They look soo good! I'm sure Minho will love these!"

"Yeahhh! They were made with lots of love, after all." Felix says.

Hyunjin chuckles at the two. He can't help but find them adorable.

To be continued...

finally updated this story after a month :O