ninety-four

"I know a lot of things. But right now I don't."

Minho remembers Jisung's words. It seems so long ago now.

He is perturbed after what Hyunjin told him. But really... he shouldn't be too shocked. He's kind of known. So he's sad for Jisung.

Jisung has always just wanted a normal life. Someone to love. Someone to be loved by. Now, he'll feel anxious over this.

"He's very upset because he thinks you'll be upset and feel differently about him. He has cried a few times already with mom, and we've tried telling him it's okay, and that you'd never hate him for anything."

"He wanted us to keep it a secret from you and we honestly tried to convince him you should know but... I don't know, just be nice asking him, Minho... you're the most important to him, as you know..."

Minho's chest hurts from recalling what Hyunjin told him.

He tries to put on a smile as he knocks on the bedroom door.

Jisung's in bed. Under the covers. He is facing away.

Minho knows he's awake. He carefully gets on the bed. Sits beside him.

"Sungie... If you're listening... I want you to know I'm not mad at you."

There's a stir from Jisung. Then the blanket's pulled. He sits up. Slowly. His eyes are wide in surprise. But red too. He's been crying...

"Y-You're not?" He says.

"No. But I need you to tell me everything..."

"D-Didn't Hyunjin— He didn't tell you?"

"He did, but I want to hear it from you too."

Jisung sobs. "I'm s-sorry, don't hate me, I'm sorry—"

"Hey, no... it's okay," Minho reassures. He holds Jisung's cheeks. "I really don't think it's that bad. We can talk about this and figure it out. That's what we've been doing all along, right?"

"I d-don't want to be a bad person..."

Minho sighs. Smiles patiently. "You're not a bad person, Sungie. None of us think that. And I will never think that."

Jisung nods slowly. Minho wipes his cheek.

"I don't know what exactly Hyunjin told you... b-but I didn't want anyone to know—" Jisung starts crying again.

"I... I have all my memories now a-and the powers too... and I used them... a-and now the Hwangs know too and they could think I'm bad and they could start being scared of me..."

"I know they don't think that," Minho says. "Do you not believe them? They know you were a mannequin and it was Mrs. Hwang who dug up all the articles about you. I'm sure they'd already assumed you have some magic. Did they seem scared of you? Or angry?"

"No... I d-don't know... but they could change their minds... they could see something worse from me and think I'm dangerous..."

Minho's chest clenches again. Of course, Jisung can't help feeling like that... after what Helen and Kyungseo put him through.

"I understand that you'd be scared, Jisung. So that's why I need you to tell me everything, okay? I'm not angry or upset. I won't be. I don't think you're a bad person, and I will not hate you or judge you for anything."

Jisung sniffs. Quietens. "W-Why?"

"Because Hyunjin told me it was okay, and because I know you. Why would I be surprised that you have powers and that you can use them? Besides, you'd already told me this yourself. You have Mary's powers."

"I... I wanted to hide this and not tell anyone... but now..."

"I know, Jisung, and I understand that. Of course, you'd be afraid of letting anyone find out. You're terrified of people wanting to hurt you for these secrets... but please, you can trust me... I want to understand you. Know more about you. So... if it's okay for you, let's start at the beginning. Can you please tell me what exactly happened?"

Jisung shifts. Slowly. Sits up. Folds his legs. He rubs his eyes.

"That day... when Kkami was here with Hyunjin... I tried to get Kkami to play with me. I got him that ball. But he wouldn't play with it... and then he stopped being mean to me."

"Hyunjin suddenly asked me to go with him. He talked to me alone later and said it was okay for me to do that with you and his family, but I should be careful if I'm anywhere outside..."

"So you didn't know you had done anything?"

"N-No... I was confused by the stuff he was telling me. But when he told me t-that the color of the ball changed, I realized that... I had been thinking of it at that time."

"Kkami didn't want to play so I thought... would he like it if the ball was a different color? But I didn't notice that I actually changed the color..."

Jisung grows quiet. He's nervously blinking up at Minho.

"It's just a ball. Nothing serious," Minho says. "What about the... rest?"

Jisung bites his lip. Hard. His eyes well up.

Minho kisses him. To make him stop biting. "It's okay, Jisung," he then murmurs. "It's okay. You can talk to me about anything."

To be continued...

Sooo about this story coming to an end soon, uhmmmm I'm kinda not sure about that now BHAHAHAHA